The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2086 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
TOO funny! I loved this poem. I am not really a poem person and tend to skip them, but this one held me from the first word to the last! Excellent.
Delightful ballad
02/15/08
Ha! I love your ballad. I won't forget ol' Jim Bob Earl and his gator tale very soon. What fun this was to read and I'm sure just as much for you to write! :)
This was a lot of fun, despite some meter issues.
02/15/08
What a rollicking frollick that was. Definitely fun even with the few hiccups. I loved his name--it a had a 'ring' to it.
02/15/08
What a fun story poem. I was smilin' from start to finish as I pictured Jim Bob on that ole gator! Thumbs up on this one!
Very cute! Right on topic.
02/15/08
Hahahaha. Thanks for making me laugh :) This was really creative.
02/15/08
What fun! Love the colloquialisms and rhythm of this. What a delightful and knee-slappin' read!
Masterful, the gator ridin, made me think of Pecos somebody from an old Disney cartoon. Great job!
02/18/08
Hilarious! Great writing, my dear Betty! Thanks for the laugh!
Laury
This is just good ol' rompin' fun! Thanks for tickling my funny bone.
02/18/08
This was more than a toe-tapper, it was a foot stomper. I read it twice. It amazes me when someone can pull off something this humorous and entertaining and tell a story at the same time. Brilliant.
This was so funny. I could just picture some guy telling the tale and pickin' his banjo overy so often.
2:00am in the morning and I should be asleep. LOL who can sleep with s ballad like that twanging in their mind. Well done our Betty.
This was great on all counts and a real hoot to read. Well done my friend! :)
02/18/08
"Betty" at her finest. Can't comment on the techno part of it, but for pure reading enjoyment it was great, seeing how I live in the land of Jim Bob Earls.
God bless.
I'm not usually a poem person either, but this one was DELIGHTFUL. I loved it. I think I'll go read it again right now.
I like it even more the second time.
02/19/08
Oh, perfect, and I can just hear the banjos in the background.
02/19/08
Love the voice. I wanted to slap my thigh and yell 'hee-haw' at the end. Great example of the topic, and terrific writing.
Very well done - Loved the ending.
Great writing Betty. I like that style being a country boy myself.

Clarence "Sonny" White
02/19/08
Great stuff.
02/20/08
Yee haw! Fun and witty and oh so cheery to read, Betty!
02/20/08
Pure delight! Yes, "Betty at her finest!"
02/20/08
So much fun! Great read!
Awww! Poor Jim Bob Earl, or maybe I should say-lucky guy that he had a second chance-er-choice! This was cute with the name bringing through the personality. I could hear this being read with a thick, southern accent. ^_^ Very fun!
02/21/08
YOur Jim Bob Earl could be the son of my beloved Dot. Somthin' 'bout simple folk, huh?
02/21/08
Loved it. Just needs a banjo and guitar accompaniment.
02/21/08
There'll be no singing ballads today!!!! Congratulations on your EC!!!!! :)
02/21/08
Congratulations on your EC, Betty. I'm so glad to see this piece place--it was great.
02/21/08
Betty -- Congrats to you and Jim Bob Earl. You've done well together. :)
Three cheers for this light-hearted read and your well deserved win. Way to go.
***Congrats! Awesome writing! *** ^_^
With a name like "Jim Bob Earl," you know it's going to be a fun piece. I could almost see you writing it and laughing all the while. What a delightful poem!
How fun!! I agree that there were some meter issues, but definately worth the read.