If you are planning to submit the first chapter of your work in progress for the 2016 Page Turner contest, you are running out of time – the deadline is THIS Friday, September 30. And this year, in celebration of the tenth year of the contest, the contest is open to both fiction AND nonfiction entries.
If you are a member of the FaithWriters Platinum 500, you are invited to enter this very special contest created just for you. If you are not yet a Platinum member, this is the perfect reason to upgrade your membership.
The thing is, in order to guarantee that the contest winner is up to par, a minimum of 15 entries is required for a winner to be announced in a particular category. So entries are NEEDED – do you have something to contribute – or even an idea for something?
If so, here’s what you need to do:
1. Write, edit and polish at least one chapter of your manuscript. You may seek professional editing input to polish your chapter.
2. Prepare a book proposal.
3. Combine the chapter and book proposal as one Word or RTF document (book overview first, followed by the chapter), and you’re all set to enter the 2016 Page Turner Contest.
This year, there will be TWO Page Turner winners: one from the fiction submissions, and one from the nonfiction submissions (assuming 15 entries in each category). These two champions will each receive:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $250 (US);
2. The offer of traditional publication of their winning manuscript by Breath of Fresh Air Press;
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters’ sites for twelve months following publication; and
4. A special Page Turner Champion award plaque.
A Page Turner runner up will be chosen from each of the two categories (fiction and nonfiction). Each runner up will receive a special Page Turner award plaque.
Brief feedback on your entry by Deb Porter (Breath of Fresh Air Press) will be available after the contest is concluded. However, this feedback will only be provided at the entrant’s request (which should be indicated by checking the appropriate box on the entry form). Many people enter the Page Turner purely for this very helpful feedback.
Is your interest piqued? If you are a Platinum member already, here’s where you can find out all the details, and also where you will go to submit your entry.
If you are not yet a Platinum member, you can find out all about the Page Turner contest here.
So get working on your manuscript – and get it submitted by September 30!