The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1007 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oooo, love a bit of alligorical fantasy. Great job!
04/23/10
Great story! I loved your descriptions and the characters you created.
04/23/10
That was a good story. The dialogue was excellent. I can't imagine not being allowed to read!
04/24/10
I really enjoyed this. You did very well creating the villagers' dialogue and their narrow-minded outlook on life.
I cheered for the boy who could look beyond his own world and choose to explore beyond his own...as well as the new worlds opening up to him by learning to read. Nicely done.
04/25/10
Great intro to a new adventure book. Will it be coming soon?
04/26/10
Like Gerald, I can also see future chapters growing out of this. Im sure you won't disappoint us.
Well done. A very enjoyable read. The setting along with the dialogue made this believable as well a revealing how ignorance hinders revelations. The thirst for knowledge is powerful if not fraught with dangers - especially in the time period you chosen to write about. Loved the allegory of the streams/mountains/rivers as well.
This is beautiful. I was spellbound the whole way through. Excellent story.
04/28/10
Super creative work! It almost has a sci-fi/primitive civilization feel. Great work!
04/28/10
Oh wow ... I wish to read more of this story! I can feel within your writing style the suspense and a sense of fantasy, a genre which I like very much. This is a great kick off for a Christian fiction novel!
Absolutely! You must write more. This was totally intriguing. Well done Timbo.
What a wonderful story you've written. This is a perfect example of "out of the box"!
04/28/10
This had all the earmarks of the start of an excellent longer work. It already has my undivided attention. I hope to see more of it soon!
Adding my applause!
04/29/10
Excellent!
Congratulations in placing in the top 40 over-all and in the top 15 of your level. Good job!