The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2857 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/07
Oh my gosh... love it, love it, love it!!!! So clever and creative. Absolutely wonderful.
01/18/07
Great story. I didn't want to stop reading. Each word flowed to the next and the creativity was refreshing. Thanks for posting for all of us to read!
01/18/07
What a creative imagination you have. A writers' block. Love it. And love the conversation changing the course of your "story". Excellent!
01/18/07
Captivating and clever... to the last word. I don't know how you come up with your ideas; they're always brilliant.
01/19/07
ROFL! This is one of my favorite entries ever. Bravo!
01/19/07
Oh, my! Do I ever LOVE this! I was laughing out loud, LOUD! I love the personality you have "the real" Maranda especially. LOL
01/19/07
Ok, I know I said I wasn't going to read it til tomorrow, but I couldn;t wait. And this is why - because you always pull a brilliant rabbit out of the hat. I love it.
01/19/07
Wow, very nicely done.
01/19/07
Great read! I had wondered about the spelling of her name, but then names seem to be spelt all sorts of ways these days - I'm sure it's just to be different.
How I wish one of my characters would help get rid of writers block when it gets dumped at my door.
I had such fun reading this and I say only a master can pull this off.
Hope this places.
01/19/07
So very clever and creative. An absolute thrill to read. I now have a new all time favorite. I loved it!
01/20/07
great! very creative
01/20/07
Yes, very cool entry. Funny too.
01/20/07
Definitely my favorite read this week :)Thanks for the laugh.
This was delightful. I do so wish characters spoke to me! The idea of making "writer's block" animate was inspired. You are, indeed, a most creative writer.
01/21/07
It looks like SRO here...but I'll squeeze in my 2 cents worth anyway - just for the record. "Super!" That shouldn't take up too much space. PS: Creative too! Absolutely spellbinding and I loved it...(now I'll go back downstairs where I belong) Enjoyed the trip to Masters!
Brilliant, clever, creative... Wow. Blessings, Cheri
01/21/07
Gosh, I hope my protaganist shows up! This is brilliant! Very fun!
So that's what a writer's block is. This was funny! What a clever idea down to the last adjective and adverb. Another great job!

01/21/07
Very nice. Thank God some of my characters can't come speak to me. I'm sure I'd be in jail by now for character assassination. Another very entertaining entry. God bless.
01/21/07
Oh Jan! This is magnificant! Waht a masterpiece! I don't know ... this is just IT!
01/21/07
wow, you win my vote, but it doesn't count! I loved the creativity in this. I couldn't wait to get to the end to see what was going to happen. Bravo!
Shucks, I wish I had written this! It is just too cute and too clever, and too creative, and, and... Well you get the idea. Bravo!
01/22/07
Absolutely excellent! I echo the sentiments of everyone else! Thanks for sharing this
01/22/07
Okay, winner! Jan, you take the cake...or, in this case, the prize. Innovative, humorous, thought provoking. We'd better be true to our characters or they'll pay us a visit! Your story was snappy, lively, and all the rest. It didn't take you long to establish a definite character for Maranda...or Miranda! You're an excellent writer, Jan!
Brilliant, clever, creative ... all of the good words have already been used to describe this, but they're all understatements. Great job.
Ha! I love it, love it!
Hah! Three buff shipping guys to carry it in and she hoists it to her shoulder to carry it out. Now that's a strong character. This was a delight to read.
01/22/07
This was great fun. I've had the block delivered but can't remember any of my characters flipping it over their shoulders! Thanks for the belly laugh.
Jan, couldn't have been any better if Fabio had shown up with Miranda!You just gotta stop this, you gotta stop amazing me every week.
You had me laughing out loud. I won't be answering the door for any delivery men real soon. This is sooooo original and fun.
Loved this. I've had a couple of those deliveries myself. LOL
Very creative take on "writing". I think this should place high!
Another favorite! I do believe if there were a Faithwriter's Idol you'd win by a land slide this week. Awesome job! Loved every word you penned.
01/24/07
What an absolutely delightful piece. And even though it was on the lighter side, you wrote it in such a way that I was still hanging on every word and eager to see what would happen next. Amazing. Loved it.
01/24/07
Ditto what the others said!! I LOVED it! I needed a strong dose of humor right then, thanks for the laugh, it was GREAT! :-)
01/25/07
Oh wow- however do you think of something like this?? This was so funny and cute and very clever! LOVED the dialogue of each of them!! I want your mind!!
01/25/07
Clever. The physical writer's block was great.
09/26/16
Get outta here! That is too cool:) Jan, you are so good it blows me away! Teach me, teach me!!!! Bravo