The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1685 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/06/08
That's a very sweet story. I love the "gingham dress child-with-child" line. Wonderful. It doesn't really matter if the story is true ... but I hope it is. Again, very sweet.
03/07/08
How delightful! What a wonderful story. When we remember what God could prevent, we have reason to rejoice that He didn't always. Nice work.
Your last line gave me chills.. masterfully written story.
03/09/08
My heart ached for Harriet's mother. Beautifully written.
03/10/08
Wonderful story.
03/10/08
I like how you framed this--looking at the immediate conflict first--then drawing back to see the entire picture. The last line is great.
This is a very moving and heart-felt story!
03/11/08
Very moving story that was refreshing in that it was not predictable. Enjoyed seeing heaven's perspective, and the twists at the end.
Ooooh, what a sweet story! I liked the ending so much, especially the last line with 'that would be me'. It's so different and special at the same time. Your descriptions were very interesting, especially when she's standing in the doorway and I really liked the line where a child would only know love.

Congrats on your EC! Awesome writing. ^_^
Congratulations on recognition for a wonderfully told story.
03/13/08
Congratulations on your EC. This is very sweet, and I really liked the ending. Good job with the topic.
What a creative, beautiful, well written story! Congrats on the EC!
03/13/08
Oh, Beth, that last line gave me chills - and I absolutely LOVE the heavenly perspective and the voice of this. Congratulations, my friend (and are you in Michigan yet???), on your EC. VERY well-deserved.
03/16/08
Wow! Your writing is so poignant. I love your story. Congrats on your EC!
Aww, a friend of mine just went through a similar situation. Wonderfully done story.
I love this story, Beth! Well done.