The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1501 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/07
Oh wow. This gave me both tears and goosebumps. The words you choose are absolutely beautiful. You put me right in the scene, and I actually "hear" the voices. Wonderful writing.
When I first started reading this, it reminded me of a lady who lives next door to us. But, the further I read, your analogy stunned me - beautiful piece of writing.
This was a beautifully written piece, and the analogy just takes my breath away!
12/14/07
Magnificent! The concept, the execution, the pace,, the beauty, the anointing, the on-targetness, And what a great Holy Spirit inspired idea. I loved the simplicity of the title as well, it gave proper direction. Masterful. God bless.
12/14/07
Beautiful analogy of the Church preparing for the return of the King.
Your descriptions are awesome. This is simply a stunning analogy--the bride of Christ made visible. Masterful writing, to be sure.
12/15/07
What an absolutely magical story. Just beautiful in its imagery and characterization and description and EVERYHING. You absolutely blessed me with this one. Masterful.
12/17/07
This is astoundingly beautiful – what a portrayal of the Church! I felt like I was peering into a sacred moment in the landscape of time when the bride lost sight of her purpose and her mission—her Beloved. Then, suddenly, she remembers and refocuses. This is incredible! Awesome doesn’t describe it!
12/17/07
this leaves me speechless.. took my breath away also... how creative and beautiful this is.. such a great take on the topic... MASTERPIECE
12/19/07
This is one of the most exceptional stories I've read on Faithwriters. Incredibly well done!
12/19/07
Beautiful, beautiful parable.
This is very beautiful, and very inspiring. Your writing is fantastic my friend.
Excellent work. I love the parable, love the writing, love the imagery. I just love it all. This gave me a strange feeling, and I mean that in a good way. I felt as if I was watching it on a screen. Very well done, my friend.
12/19/07
Gorgeous, Mid--simply a masterpiece.
12/19/07
Wow! I love analogies and this one is wonderful! Thank you so much for giving me yet another example to learn from!
Laury
12/19/07
Oh, this was lovely. I loved the unique presentation. Great job for your last :( entry.
12/19/07
Beautiful writing!
12/19/07
Beautiful analogy - quite an unusual way to introduce us to the church as the bride. You have such a creative and fresh way of looking at familiar themes of scripture.
This analogy had a mysterious quality about it, that really intrigued me and kept me "looking around the next corner." Excellent, top-notch writing!
Stunning work Mid. I'm speechless! :) Love, Cat
12/19/07
Beautiful! It almost has a fairy-tale style!
I liked how you made her young and alive as she heard
the message of the "letters".

Wonderful!
This is such a beautiful piece! It is my new favorite of yours. ^_^ I liked how she wasn't an old woman after all and the letters and the dress. I felt as if it were me that let her in and offered a bit of tea and biscuits. LOVED the ending! Awesome writing! ^_^
12/19/07
Clearly anointed, creative beyond measure, and filled with truth. Thank you for this stunning piece.
This touched me so I think I'd rather be silent than spoil it with inadequate words.
12/20/07
Anointed. I am so moved by this piece. Straight from the creative mind of God to your pen. Thank you for sharing your gifts and talents with us.
12/20/07
Mid, what a way to go out -- in triumph once again! Sorry I'm just now getting to know you. Rats! Please don't be a stranger!
Laury
I honestly hope this was not your last entry, even for a while, I will miss your warm thought provoking work. Take care and God bless and congratulations on this wonderful piece. And, yes, this is a wonderful part of the world (PNW) and don't forget you share a part of it as well. Loren
12/20/07
Congratulations on your EC. I am so glad this placed -- this was my favorite piece this week. Absolutely beautiful.
12/21/07
Beautiful, Mid. Wonderful analogy and a mystical quality; true to life, yet dream-like. Congratulations on the EC!
This piece blessed me so! Layers of meanings - I sank into your writing. Inspired for sure. Congratulations!!!
Oh Mid...this is beyond my written expressions, simply beautiful and truly given by the Holy Spirit. God bless you. Thank you. This is prescious. Janice