The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2042 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/20/07
I love that the tactile sensation of the stone--along with the Psalm--was able to calm Benemin. Perfect, along with the title. cantata of hoofbeats is a great description, as is whisper of smoke.
09/21/07
Wonderful story.
09/21/07
This is really good. Beautiful, descriptive phrases. Your writing put me in the middle of the story. Excellent.
Excellent descriptions of a horrifying scene. Well done.
09/22/07
Terrible time in Jewish history as so many of these awful pogroms were repeated through-out Imperialist Russia. Your story makes the faded scenes of history leap to life again. I could hear the screams and imagine the sorrow of that lone little boy, hidden away for the future. Well written and descriptive.
09/22/07
Extremely evocative writing -your descriptions are vivid and stunning. You put me in the middle of it all. Excellent.
I really liked the way you brought the emotions of your characters alive. I could feel their despair and fear. I liked your descriptive phrasing as well to set the scene and give the reader a sense of the time, place and political/religious situation.
Excellent, vivid descriptions of the horrific scene. The beginning is so peaceful that I wasn't expecting the violence to following. You take your reader on a wild ride of emotions. Exceptional writing skill.
09/27/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is one of my favorites. Excellent writing.
09/27/07
Skilfully written. Captured my attention from the start. Well done.
Ironically this piece makes me even more aware how awesomely blessed I am to live in America where we are relatively free from this sort of violence. I say relatively because of 9/11 and the Oklahoma bombings. How truly, truly blessed is America!
This was just beautifully done. Congratulations.
Ann, I remember reading this the first time, and still enjoy re-visiting it. Your writing is simply great! Loren