The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1552 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/12

Adorable and fun! This story has all the elements I just love to see in children's stories... all in one single article... suspense that has the expectation of something good, kindness and understanding in the adult-child interaction and the interface with the MC using a book to tell a story, plus a terrifically good couple of life lessons! How'd ya ever capture all that in just 750 words? Great job!
08/02/12
Wow - well done, and filled with all kinds of messages and meanings throughout. Good job, I really enjoyed this. Thanks.
God bless~
Awww, I love this story. So cute. The only red ink I have is that I don't think beetles have bones or cheeks, so those parts gave me pause. But otherwise I loved it!
08/05/12
A lovely story that is well written and an enjoyable read. Good job!
08/08/12
This story is absolutely adoreable! Your character building is phenomenal, not only in your creatures, but the people as well. I thoroughly enjoyed this well-written, descriptive entry. The only thing I saw in my perusal was that you spelled Del(l) two different ways. Excellent writing!
Cute ending! I liked "Bea" and "Del" the beetles :)
08/08/12
A really creative approach to this topic and a heart-warming story. Well done.
A cute, well-told fable that I'm certain would be a comfort to many wee, little ones. Maybe to even some not so wee and little, too. : ) Nice jobs
08/08/12
I think beetles have their own kind of bones and their own kind of cheeks and I absolutely loved this story. My grand daughters would love it too. Great writing, Shann, as always,

God Bless, Lynn
08/08/12
Meant to say my grand daughters WILL love it, Im gonna show to them!
"Charming" is the perfect word for this story. . .and I loved the last line!
08/09/12
CONGRATS!!!!

God bless you Shann~
08/09/12
Oh this was really cute! I like the down-to earth vocabulary used instead of being "PC"! Congrats on EC.
08/09/12
Congrats on a well deserved 2nd place ribbon and the EC standings as well!
08/09/12
Yay Shann! Congrats on your well deserved placing! :)
08/09/12
Super congratulations! So happy for your placing in the number 10 spot. Well deserved.
08/09/12
Oh, I loved this charming story and story-within-a story! :) Very well-written with nicely-drawn characters! CONGRATULATIONS on your E.C.!
08/09/12
Love the story, and I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! Congrats, my friend! You deserve it!!!!!!!
08/09/12
A whopping big congratulations Shann. I love this cute tale and you told it soooo well!
08/09/12
Two-Four-Six-Eight.Who do we count among the greats? Shann and her lightning bugs! Okay a bit of high school nostalgia invading there. Even-so, it is true. Congrats big time. See all those little bums glowing your way... that's lightning bug applause with a flying ovation!
08/09/12
Congratulations Shann, for your EC and for your ministry of encouragement to all of us FaithWriters. Great little story within a story. Excellent work.
08/10/12
Congratulations Shann! You deserve your 2nd placing in L3 and your EC placing too. Well done!
08/11/12
You are on a roll, friend. I love the MC's problem and the way you overcame it.
Congratulations on a well deserved placing.
08/12/12
Such a cute and lovely story! Well done! I love the little story within a story.
09/11/12
You've put we readers in the scene very well,educated us at the same time and left us with a take-home lesson that we can apply in life. Well done.