The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1123 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
OUTSTANDING! Out of the box, fresh characters, surpise twist, wonderful story. I will be surprised and very disappointed if this doesn't take 1st place.
04/24/08
This was so creative! I guessed that these were lions at the beginning because of the name Yafeu--it reminded me of The Lion King. Excellent job!
04/25/08
Wow, I'm impressed with the imagination that went into this. What a unique perspective!
WOW! This was great! I loved the ending twist here and especially how they turned out to be lions! Great job-I felt this whole story come alive and it was just-wow! Excellent job. ^_^
04/28/08
I generally don't care for talking animal stories, but once I got to the end of this one--and that drop of water from the sky--I LOVED this POV. I'm sure I've never read anything like it before. The pull on all those pairs of animals must have been indescribable. EXCELLENT!
04/29/08
Wow. This is incredible. Excellent POV. This seemed so realistic.
04/29/08
Absolutely speechless here. Wow.
Very well written! You've captured the emotions perfectly!
04/29/08
Whoa—such a creative mind to write this Biblical story from the perspective of the animals left behind. Well done, and has has already been said — well out of the box. Good work.
Very creative and out of the box thinking. Exceptionally written and opens a while new door to the story of the ark. Great job!
04/30/08
Yes, it's very unique and I've never thought of how the animals came to Noah. The call of the Lord on the wild is an astounding notion! But, I can't help being sad, too, because the parents were leaving their off-spring to certain death. That kind of left me feeling a sense of doom at the end for Bobo and...ah phooey! I'm just an ol' softy. (:
05/01/08
Congratulations! Well done. Loved this piece!
05/01/08
Congrats on your level placing with this!!
05/01/08
Congratulations on your 2nd place. I'm so glad to see this story was recognized. It was one of my favorites this week.
07/01/08
Oh WOW. This is MONSTERLY creative and compelling and just wonderful. SO glad this one did well (and thank you for "sending me" through your entries, or I may have never read, and been blessed by, this one).
12/14/08
Love the POV. I always wondered how Noah kept all but two ants off the ark.
I can see why this scored second place. The entry that received 1st must have been enormously creative. This was just brilliant. Absolutely super!
12/14/08
Really great story and perspective......such a different take on this story. Amazing!!!
12/14/08
Wow. I did not expect the twist in this piece. Excellent POV of the story of the flood.
12/14/08
You totally had me....I really didn't have a clue as to where you were going. Well done!
12/15/08
I love the POV--"What were the animals thinking before the flood?" --you had me all the way to the end. Well done--I'm glad this one placed!
Clever story! I love Biblical fiction stories with a twist and this one surprised me. I was all in a stew about the unlikelyhood that God would call parents away from their kids so I didn't realize it wasn't actually humans until the story told me, haha. Fun story.
05/19/09
WOW! Never thought about that aspect of the flood. Very interesting and the intrigue pulled me right along.
Mona
How intriguing! I really enjoyed this story. It would make a great children's tale, leading up to the telling of Noah's Ark. Another really good story my FaithWriter friend. Well done!