The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2034 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a clever and appropriate approach to the topic.
Not just his nose, but his head! Perfect.
It's so fun to guess the MC while you build on the suspense.
A perfect example of the topic. I love your accounting of this Bible story from Haman's POV. Haman's last line is awesome. Great job!!
02/22/08
I enjoyed guessing the MC also! Great take on the topic and Haman's POV!
02/23/08
I like how you began with the execution, then went back and gave us the details that led up to it. "If only the lot had appointed us to a more immediate date." -- this is such an important detail you brought out in your story. Don't you love how God works?
You've done a lot of research to be able to write this. The book of Esther is one of my favorites. (I read it -plus the book of Ruth- to my girls every year while they were growing up.) I really like that you chose this story, your POV, and your detail.
02/23/08
What an opening! I love the voice you used in this telling, and your use of the single sentences between paragraphs--they added a touch of humor in just the right places. Loved it!!!
02/23/08
I just noticed the title--I love it!! What a tie in with the story. Made me snicker, too. :)
You have brought this Bible story to life with Haman's POV and right on topic. Even knowing the story, I was intrigued from beginning to end.
02/24/08
This story is the perfect example of a plan that backfired. The man not only lost a nose, but his whole head. Good work.
02/24/08
Wow, brilliant!
I loved the retelling of this Bible story through Haman's viewpoint. It was excellently written.
02/25/08
Wow! This is powerful writing! I really like the title, too. Very appropriate. I love, love, love reading about Bible personalities and events through your eyes.
Laury
02/25/08
Perfect Bible story for this proverb, and you've once again NAILED the voice.

This is my own piddly nitpick for pieces ike this: how's he telling this story?

Love the title, love the bitter irony here.
02/25/08
You hooked me in as I wondered where you were going. Suddenly, I recognized the story and thought "Good one!". Excellent voice and the bitter irony was well done (all those short sentences between paragraphs). Terrific final sentence.
What a master you are at telling these wonderful stories from the Bible. Well done my friend.
I get so much from your retellings of Bible stories, they make we want to run to the OT and delve in. Thanks for the inspiration.
02/27/08
Another wonderful retelling of a Biblical story.
One of my favorite Bible stories! Never really stopped to think of things from Haman's view... awesome!
Ooooh, I like this! You did very well here! Esther is my absolute favorite story. seeing this through the eyes of Haman, well that put this in a new light for the same old! Now I want to go read the whole story again. ^_^ Very nicely done!
02/27/08
Great title, and this Bible story is a perfect example of the proverb. The monologue style wasn't as enrapturing as some of your other pieces, but I liked the way you had the one-liners interspersed throughout.
This story has always reminded me of a great Shakespearean drama and your writing does nothing to diminish this observation. Simply marvelous, as usual!
I love it when bible stories are brought to life. This was so tangible and wonderful. You have such a gift of giving the scriptures new birth. This was so enjoyable. I can't wait for your next entry!
Oh I just love the story of Esther, Mordecai and Haman. This is brilliant. I love the telling from Haman's side. My friend, you have done another brilliant retelling of a Bible story. Well done, so very well done!!