The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2019 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/09
Such rich descriptions and sense of place. Love the message as well.
03/06/09
I am moved by the portrayal of this gentle giant who lovingly protects his master. What a beautiful message of love, loyalty and kindness. Very good writing.
03/06/09
What a lovely story with a wonderful ending.
03/06/09
Wow! I loved your story. I am a beginner and having read your story, I realize why you are a master ~ it was amazing.
This has inspired me and gives me a vision as to what I can aspire too....thank you.
03/06/09
Very interesting story, and well written. I was intrigued from the beginning. Nice job.
03/08/09
I enjoyed this story. I have never given any thought whatsoever to how to train an elephant and the thought of a man leading one by the ear was quite a mind-blowing image. I liked the very unexpected turn which the story took in the middle.
03/08/09
Sorry, I didn't see Gregory was logged on. That comment was from me.
03/09/09
Wonderful story.
03/09/09
Oh, this is great. I love how we think we train our animals and everyone but us knows that they are the ones who have us trained. Where is that elephant whisperer?
I really liked this story.
03/09/09
Great descriptions and when I realised why the elephant knelt down, I was moved. Lovely message about love being a stronger motivation that fear.
03/09/09
When I saw the title I thought this story will be funny, since I had no idea what an elephant oozie was. After starting the story I quickly encouraging the boy to stand with his beliefs and not beat the elephant. You did a great job showing the act of love being returned.
03/09/09
I enjoyed your story immensely! I could feel the pain of the boy having to chastise his elephant. This would make a wonderful children's story.
Wonderful story Gerald! When I read the title, and began reading, I felt sure Ar-Nar was going to give Kyeema a soaking by spraying him with water. What a wonderful twist to the story. You've done it again my friend.
03/10/09
I loved the last line. Discipline with love instead of a whipping cane holds much power.
Thank you, I did enjoy this very much.
03/11/09
Delightful story filled with such a wondrous sense of place.

You certainly have a mastery of sentence structure - so very readable.
03/11/09
Lovely!
03/11/09
Your hint made me laugh. :) What a great story this is with a great lesson.
03/11/09
I remember accounts of this. One elephant even picked up his owner and ran away from the tsunami...amazing!
03/11/09
You are a talented writer. Interesting story.
...and the moral of that story is...
love those stories.

Mona
Oooh, I love Kyeema and Ar-Nar! Such delightful characters and I was really hoping for a good ending like this. loved it! I would even read more of this to see what happens afterwards. Great stuff here!
I really love this story.

This is the winner this week in my book!
12/11/14
I was there, at the river, expecting like others to be soaked, with Kyeema. But that was not to be. What a sweet story! You have such a wonderful ability to transport us out of our world, into the world of your characters. Who would ever want to come back?