The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1612 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/30/09
If not down here, up there. Very good.
01/30/09
I also have UK heritage and this makes me want to travel there and see all the things that make this country so unique. Well-written and descriptive.
01/31/09
This is delightful, with wonderful word choice and descriptions.
02/01/09
Being "into" genealogy, your title grabbed my attention. I'm glad it did, because I loved your poem! It flows well, and I like what it says, too! :) Great job!
02/03/09
This was really well done, and quite entertaining. I laughed out loud at the line, "Or that squeaky bagpipe thing?" Loved it.
02/03/09
Wonderful, Verna--and some of your rhymes especially charmed me. Loads of fun in this poem.
02/03/09
What a fun poem to read, asking the questions re: your heritage.
02/04/09
This was my favorite... :)
"Did they ever toss a caber,
Dance a lively Highland fling,
Play a game of golf or rugby,
Or that squeaky bagpipe thing?"
What a great title, too!
02/04/09
My ancestors came from Scotland too..I'd love to go see it someday. I've been told that there is Gaelic Bible somewhere among my cousins, that belonged to my great, great grandfather.
02/04/09
This is so very good, Verna. I love reading your poetry--you are quite gifted. And great job with the topic.
02/05/09
Clever poem with quite creative lines. I like the variety of the rhyming words - there were several I wouldn't think of picking to rhyme with!
02/05/09
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR E.C.!! I knew this wonderful poem was a winner when I first read it! :)
02/05/09
Dear Verna, you write the sweetest poems. I think you covered Scotland and all its fascinating features quite nicely. And, I too got a kick out of your clever rhymes. Congratulations on the EC! You know I'll want an autographed copy of the book (^&^)
02/07/09
Yay! Congrats VernaJ, on your level placing and your EC! I'm so happy for you!