The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2059 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/27/07
Wow. This is really good. You told it well. The end brought quick tears to my eyes.

I think bath should be bathe and you left a period out here: Sadie’s oldest daughter found her mother’s body that evening Later

Overall, I really liked this piece. Made me think of my husband and me.
Wow... this is really good. You touched on so many of the senses - sight, sound, smell... drawing the reader into her experience. Left me with a feeling of sadness, but that's what good writing is all about - affecting the reader in some way.
Well done.
04/28/07
Make that a triple Wow! What a love story! Very romantic and beautifully written. I loved it!

What a sweet love story! Your descriptions are superb!
04/30/07
Kind of reminded me of the book/movie The Notebook. I thought the descriptions and emotions were outstanding. This is one solid piece of writing!
04/30/07
I am new to faithwriters and I am really enjoying it! Inseparable vines is an amazing story. Wow, there really aren't words!
04/30/07
Beautifully written. Excellent descriptive words/phrases -- I could "see" everything. Great job.
05/01/07
A seamless transition to the flashback, and wonderful words and phrases make this a top-notch piece of writing! Love the title and the last sentence, too.
05/01/07
Very sweet, romantic story with wonderful atmosphere! It kind of reminded me of the movie "Trip to Bountiful." Excellent writing, and I loved the touching ending! :)
Lovely romantic memory story. Good writing.
Beautifully told story of timeless love. Your descriptions were wonderful. Thumbs up.
Okay. You made me cry. Not fair. lol. This is so beautiful! I love the flashback, the dialouge between the husband-wife and especially the 'vines'. You did a wonderful job with this! Good luck with the judging! ^_^
A beautiful love story. Your descriptions are superb. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I thought maybe it would end as it did, but it still made me teary. Nice work, Cheri
05/02/07
Gorgeous and heart-wrenching. Gave me chills!
05/03/07
Yes - you did an awesome job of putting us there with all the sights, sounds, smells and emotions. All that a great story should have!Very, very good!
***CONGRATS!***
Excellant! Congratulations ! 1st Place... wow!
Congratulations! I was one of the judges this week, and your entry made me cry. Then I read it to my husband, and we both got choked up! Your win is well-deserved!
05/03/07
CONGRATULATIONS on a well-deserved win, my friend!! :) I am doing the "Happy Dance" in your honor!! This was an awesome story, and I am thrilled it made first place in Advanced and SECOND in the EC! WOW!! Isn't this your third EC win? If so, it is on to Masters for you!! :D
05/03/07
A well-deserved win! Excellent writing.(Are there still a few men like Frank left in this world? sigh...)
Congratulations on your EC placement! This was a beautiful piece. Blessings, Cheri
05/04/07
Nathan, this was a BEAUTIFUL story. It happens that I just put my mother-in-law in assisted living today...and she's cried all day to go back to her home. This was just so touching. Wow! I cried for Sadie and I cried for my mother-in-law. I also saved a few tears for myself! Fantastic job. A well deserved win!
Applause applause! I read this entry to see the flashback, but had to leave a comment on how much I enjoyed your beautiful writing and this emotional romance. (Oh, and great use of the flashback too.)