The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1494 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/12/07
Delightful mystery story! Nicely done and held my interest throughout. Neat finish also!
04/13/07
I could picture the whole story! I really liked your description of the brothers.
04/14/07
Totally unexpected ending - who woulda thunk? Good job.
Very enjoyable mystery story!
The writing here is very good.The mysterious figure during the night created a suspicion that turned out to be unfounded. A mother's faith is shown here, and God's answer, though maybe a little too easy, still tells a wonderful story. It's hard to create and solve suspense in so little space. This was a good job of it.
04/17/07
You really know how to bring a story to life. Great writing!
I like the relationship between the boys and thier mother. This is a story that has the makings of a novel! I didn't expect them to find oil though, I thought they might find something else, like maybe a trapped animal. Good job with the mystery!
04/18/07
This was so well done, great look at faith, and a mystery I never would have seen end the way it did. Great!
04/18/07
Aha!! The oily rainbow they found in the morning was the promised "rainbow after the storm"! Clever! :)

This was an excellent mystery story, and I loved the late-1800's pioneer setting! Great job!
Nathan, you did a great job here. I'd almost expect this to turn into something longer...hint, hint.
04/18/07
I love this - especially the ending. Great characterization and storytelling here.
Not only was this a great mystery, but there was also a great message intertwined. Great job.