The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1822 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/23/07
A wonderful, creative approach to the topic. My favorite part was the appearance of the axe, and what followed afterwards.
A great story with a message as deep as the grain in the wood. Beautifully crafted, I loved the reading.
11/24/07
A wonderful, wonderful parable that truly touched me. Just lovely.
11/25/07
Lovely story about redemption and newness of life. Enjoyed reading this!
11/25/07
I actually felt the pain of the poor pulpit as he was being worked over. Very good story!
Laury
11/27/07
Great storytelling. The pulpit seemed lifelike to me!
11/28/07
Beautiful story. Wonderful message! It's a masterpiece! Great writing!
11/28/07
Debbie your quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. I love reding your entry to see what I can learn from you next. Superb. God bless.
What a unique perspective. I love the message brought out in the end. Very well done.
11/28/07
Creative, incredible writing here.
11/28/07
Extremely creative and well-crafted (the story, not the pulpit LOL - but that too). Excellent writing, as always, Debbie. Loved it.
11/28/07
Wonderful, wonderful metaphor!
11/28/07
Your imagery is beautiful. I felt the mc's tension rising with each step of restoration. I also loved the beautiful analogy.
This story of the pulpit is so beautifully written into a wonderful message.
All I can say is wow. Brilliant and so creative and what a wonderful, wonderful message.
This was just wonderful. I loved every sentence of it. Great writing!
11/29/07
This is awesome. I felt like the old pulpit while I was reading this. Your words were just perfect. Great job with the topic.
11/29/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is one of my favorites. Great writing.
It takes a special writer to bring an inanimate object so vividly to life and elicit emotion from the reader on its behalf.
This piece was at the top of my list, but I'm pleased it was recognized with the HC.
Wow. This is excellent. A well deserved EC placing for sure! God bless.