The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1659 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/05/07
This is one of my favorite old hymns, too. What a beautiful picture of celebration memorial service.
08/05/07
A very smooth transformation of Marie's attitude, well done. Nice story.
08/06/07
After such a hectic day...the ending was such a delight; even though it was a funeral. The song was perfect for the ending of a life, of a busy day. The words "I'll Fly Away" bring such peace and serenity. Very nicely done.
You painted their your MC's sadness and frustration well. It's ironic that it took a funeral to cheer her up.
08/07/07
Beautifully written. I love the hymn you used.
08/08/07
How can a story about a funeral feel up-lifting? Well, this one did, and inspiring,too! Thanks for sharing it.
08/08/07
A sad, yet semi-inspirational story. Good job!
Interesting how our focus can change in an instant once we learn of something that out weighs our current circumstances. I can see why you chose the title and the song. Allison Krause does such a wonderful job with it as did you with your story.
I love the message in this story. You did a wonderful job!
08/09/07
Great writing. Enjoyed the presentation and story. God bless.
08/09/07
This article is just amazing. Very well written and such a great message. Now I'm going to go play 'I'll Fly Away' on my flute.
08/09/07
LOVE IT! "Fly-Away," always makes me think of my mom, it was one of her favorite hymns.
11/30/07
Well done, Angela! I'd like to feature this one for the week of December 10th. Look for it on the FW Home Page.
12/10/07
Beautiful writing, Angela! It encouraged me today. Congrats on being the FW Showcase frontpage writer!
Such a well-written piece, Angela. Congrats on being chosen for the Member showcase this week.
So much of the time I feel like Marie did in the beginning of your story. Thanks for the smiles and the tears.
Oh Angela this is just lovely~ What an encouraging break from the usual heaviness of our losses. Did my spirit good this morning.