The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2025 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/28/13
I loved this bit of historical fiction! I could easily picture myself as the MC, and my heart was beating fast to know why the meeting was called, too! I think the the "in which to confide" should be "in whom" but I'm not totally sure so hope that someone else sees my comment and tells us both! In any case, this was well-written and a really fun read!
03/02/13
Hahahahaha. This was so funny, clever, and witty. I enjoyed the entire piece, from start to finish. Thank you!

God bless~
03/03/13
I really enjoyed your story which was very believable. Have you thought of a continuation of the story? I can imagine it going on - the new arrival, her continuing teaching, etc. Well done!
This is like an excerpt from a Janette Woke book. My only complaint is I wanted to keep reading. You did a wonderful job of developing the characters in such a short piece. I also liked how when ewe feel so scared and alone God shows us the world isn't as big and scary after all.
I don't read the comments before commenting myself. I agree with Danny that it should be in whom not we which since it is a person in whom the MC wishes to confide. I didn't catch that, even though it was early on, I was already engrossed on the story.
Absolutely captivating! What a delightful read! I want MORE!

Loving you in through and because of Jesus, the Christ . . .

Have you "thrown a brick"?
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=36621
03/06/13
At the risk of repeating the others, I would love more of this story. Exactly my kind of read. Excellent writing and very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
03/06/13
What a lovely, heart-warming period tale! I love the old-time setting and way of life depicted in this! You were nicely on-topic and kept my interest all the way through to the touching ending! :)
Sweet tale. I'm glad you threw a brick! Great descriptions and character building. Would love to read another chapter.
03/06/13
Oh how I enjoyed your yarn!
Fantastic story telling and I look forward to reading more interesting tales from you.
03/06/13
ps You winged His words indeed!
This has shades of Janet Oke. I love reading her works (all of them) and this ranks right up there. Great work.
This also has shades for me of the novel Christy which was turned into a TV series that I loved to watch. Note: series -- your characters as already pointed out are so rich and real you can practically touch them. I loved all of the old home -spun language of the time in which you wrote about. This was a real gem. Thanks, and blessings.
03/07/13
Thank you for this first chapter of what will be a very enjoyably absorbing book. I echo that flushed sense of unexpectedly discovering a voice from home, as it has happened to me when travelling overseas. Congratulations on your placing. Great work.
03/07/13
Congrats on Third Place and an E.C.! Super terrific and I'm headed for the M and M's right now to celebrate! I'll toss a few your way, too! I'm happy to see the judges also loved your story.
So glad this cozy gem placed and got an EC to boot! I am awaiting the next installment...
Thank you for glorifying God with your true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good, virtuous and praiseworthy winning entry! God bless you.

Love and verbal hugs, Judi

KJV Revelation 14:12 "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."
03/07/13
You took me to a different time and a different place. I was wanting to stay there and discover more. Thank you and congrats on your Editor's Choice award!
03/08/13
Congratulations Pam!
God bless~
Agreeing with the others, this would make a terrific opening for a book. I could picture the classroom and the lanky student--and the handsome stranger. Congratulations on your 3rd place in Masters.
Congratulations! You are a winner all the time.
Congratulations! You are a winner all the time.