The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1373 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow this is incredible. I seriously have chills running up my back. I am so blessed with a mother-in-law who is a wonderful kind lady and rarely does anything come between us. My daughter just got married and as I read your story I realized my fears that she may like his mom more than she loves me is not only silly but could be the actual wedge that could drive us apart. Thank you for that reminder. You did a fantastic job of showing the different feelings one has when she has a stroke (Though at first I thought the gas was on while she was cleaning the oven--glad you didn't go in that direction though the irony would have been rich!) Of course the needing to go to the loo in the middle of a life-threatening stroke and me smiling and the drool dripping down her chin felt like it was written just for me. I enjoyed it! :) Splendid bit of writing!
11/15/12
A very skilfully-woven mix of humour, pain, anxiety and suspense; wrapped in the wordless communication of deep-seated love. Brilliantly done.
11/18/12
An amazing story of God's healing! I really enjoyed this..excellent writing and had me hooked from the beginning to end!

God Bless, Lynn
11/18/12
Wonderful, touching, inspirational story with a message we should all take note of! This is so well-written and has such a beautiful ending! Excellent job! :)
11/19/12
Beautiful story. You did a great job describing what your main character was going through. This was a good lesson for those of us who try and try to please others when we should only be trying to please God.

God bless!
11/19/12
I really enjoyed your description of the unfortunate mess families sometimes put themselves through only to be resolved by tragic circumstances. You did a great job interspersing humor with reality in this piece.
11/26/12
CONGRATULATIONS on your E.C. win with this excellent piece! I suspected it would be a winner! :) WAY TO WRITE!!
Inspirational and thought provoking. Easy to see how it's placed as an EC'c pick. Congratulations, Danielle