The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2014 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
How cleverly you "showed" us how "Actions speak louder than words." I loved your story--glad your MC is not my pastor.
03/01/08
Someone once told me that you'll never make it up the ladder to Bishop, unless you always purchase and drive a black sedan. I guess this pastor isn't going to make it—for more reasons than a red Cadillac with white seats. Very good.
03/02/08
I loved this. I always tell people no matter what the office setting, the wisest one in any given office is always the receptionist---treat her with respect. Too bad Pastor didn't know the wealthiest thing in his church was her!
Loved the dialogue! the accent was wonderful, the pastor was NOT! Great interpretation of the topic and such an enjoyable read! I'm sure it will resonant well with all who read it.
03/02/08
Good example of the topic! Loved the voice! Glad he's not my pastor! LOL
Excellent! I could actually hear him speaking (reminded me of a pastor I had years ago). You've done a great job, well done.
Good Illustration of the topic. I was drawn in waiting for the pastor to redeem his character, sadly he never did.
03/04/08
Wow, but you nailed that dialog!! Great job! Although I don't Pastor John should have a job much longer!! LoL--I loved it. :)
03/04/08
Oh, Dee, this was Dee-lightful! All-dialogue pieces are tricky, but this one is just right. Love the dialect and the distinct personalities your two characters show.
03/04/08
This was a great representation of those "Pastors" who just seem to get it all wrong sometimes.I can only hope when the newness of the car wears off he'll see the light.
03/04/08
Oh Dee! You're such a whiz at creating character with dialog! This might put the squeeze on 'some' but, it sho is tru ta life! ;)

Loved this Dee, and welcome girl - you did might fine.
03/04/08
You have definitely made a smooth landing into Master’s!! Wonderful in every way!
03/06/08
Wow, Dee! You nailed Pastor John's dialogue. So cool! Great writing and perfect for the topic!
Laury