The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1151 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/06/08
Ah memories. Great ones. Thank you.
I enjoyed the ride down Memory Mountain with you. I could feel the rhythm of the car--a good thing for a poem!
11/10/08
I love the images of this. I could picture it so clearly.

Probably just me, but I found myself stumbling over your ABBA rhyme scheme. Kept wanting it to be ABAB (LOL must be the legalist in me!).

Lovely.
This is a keeper! I really like the nostalgia and then the way the last line brings it back around.
I love the memories this poem brings to me. :-) Thank you! Great job.
11/11/08
Nice variation on poetry. Good memories too.
11/12/08
Excellent poetic rhyming and cadence...can the next generation capture the magic of it all with all the distractions we give them? Thanks for sharing.
11/12/08
This made me excited for Christmas this year, with our first grandkids almost 2 whom may kind of get into the spirit and joy of it this year! Good writing!
11/12/08
Wow, I'd love to see a sight like that! Very lovely and gives me such anticipation of the lights and views of Christmas!
11/13/08
This was pure pleasure from beginning to end. By the last stanza I found myself staring at an original Thomas Kincaid master piece in my mind. Well done.
11/13/08
I really like your rhyme pattern and the way it makes this flow. Very creative work (I was trying to comment after bricks, but for some reason it wouldn't let me. *sigh*)
In so few words you embraced three generations with heart-felt emotion...quite an accomplishment!