The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1507 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
So precious. I love Maddy and her sweet neighbor Gloria. Great characterization. I felt like I know them.
10/19/08
Ahhhh...so sweet! I love the bond between the little girl with the woman. There are so many children that need someone to listen, someone to pray.
10/19/08
So lovely. Wonderful characterization.
A very special story, and indeed a special Christmas prayer. Good job.
10/19/08
What a beautiful scene. I could completely picture Gloria and Maddy...I loved this sweet story.
Very sweet story. I like the relationship you portrayed between these two -young and old.
Very sweet and moving. Good job.
10/22/08
You have captured a lovely lady and a precious innocent child in this story. The scenes are wonderfully described. Very tender and poignant, Laury.
10/22/08
Wow - you've covered so much in such a short piece! Excellent work!
10/22/08
This is so heart-warming. Every little Maddy needs a Miss Gloria in her life. :)
10/22/08
The relationship between Maddy and Gloria is sweet.
It's a beautiful story, covering a lot of territory. Very well written.
A very sweet story. Every little girl should have a friend like Maddy.
10/23/08
This was really good. I loved the interaction between the two of them.
I loved your story, showing the contrast between age and youth, yet showing the similarities of loving their papas, as well as the warm feeling between them. The story flowed smoothly and the ending with a prayer was perfect.