The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1761 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/08
Great story and valuable lesson as well as an excellent perspective on the theme.
02/01/08
Oh, ouch! This was very creative. What a great story for all those workaholics in the world. So sad that the Dr. could discover lost worlds while his son grew up without him. Right on topic! Awesome story!
Laury
Kind of reminded me of the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler. Great lesson inscribed in here.
02/03/08
Wow, heartbreaking! Come back come back! Excellent writing! PTL 4 U!
02/03/08
A fitting title for the story and a good message.
02/04/08
Love the title - absolutely perfect for this piece! Great descriptions and characterizations - and this didn't "twist" the way I thought it would. Enjoyed this very much.
02/05/08
Great illustration of the proverb, and the writing was very good. The dialogue was perfect. Excellent job.
02/05/08
So sad to see a father abandon his precious son to delve into secrets of a lost civilization that in fact, resulted in him losing his son. I would have liked to have seen what the secrets of the Nayanu were, though.
02/06/08
I thoroughly enjoyed this whole story, and the first five paragraphs were simply outstanding.
Oh I did like this. The title had me wondering what age the Dr. was going to discover, but when you reached the end, I figured he'd missed the 'age' of his little boy growing up. So sad and fun to read at the same time. I was with him all the way to the build up of what 'dreams feel like'. Nice job, Amy! ^_^
02/25/08
Great job Amy! Loved how the title fit and the story of what is important in the end.
The first part of this story reminded me of an Indiana Jones adventure. Very exciting and suspenseful. The ending reminded me of the Harry Chapin song, "Cat in the Cradle."

We all need to set priorities in our lives. God and family should always come before our careers or anything else. This story drives home that message very clearly.

Wonderful writing.