The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3765 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/07
Neat voice. Even speaking the same language we have difficulty understanding each other — not to mention when we only hear part of the conversation. Good work.
10/27/07
Very cute - a fun read for sure. Love those misunderstandings, don't you?
This is priceless. Great voice, and a fun read.
A delightful read
10/28/07
What a fun story.
Laury
10/28/07
Enjoyed this entry. The little misunderstanding came to light in a delightful way.
10/30/07
Great atmosphere and local colour.
I found the timing a bit out of sync. Jake overhears the conversation the week before but then waits until the last minute. Zachary is getting baptised on Sunday but Jake watches it later that day.
10/31/07
Oh, how cute! I couldn't figure out where you were going with this, then all of a suddent the aha! moment. Loved it!
How fun. I wasn't sure where the title was headed until I realized that Old Goose was actually a person. Good job here. I enjoyed the read. ^_^
11/01/07
Congrats on your Editor's Choice win! This was a very funny story! I really enjoyed your descriptions, particularly Jake sneaking through town. :)
11/01/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is a very clever story. I love the way you took a familiar Biblical phrase and gave it such a hilarious application. Wonderful job with the topic.
This is delightful. Congratulations on your EC win. Great job!
11/03/07
I could feel myself moving with Jake around that tree in an urgency to save old Goose. Loved your mastery of lingo and description. Your build up from start to finish was masterful. Thanks for sharing your talents.