The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2698 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/07
My life, His temple, called to be
A place of righteous prayer
And yet it’s filled with worldly things
And worship’s seldom there

I will surrender to Your whip
Repent of selfish greed
“Come purify with holy fire
My heart, my life,” I plead.

This brought me to tears; more than that, it makes me so aware that His temple is indeed called "and yet it's filled with worldly things". What a powerful impact this has. Great job! :)
This is a poem to read again and again in order to savor the words and the meaning so beautifully written.
08/10/07
This is wonderful.
You are a wordsmith. Very well done.
I've never seen any exposition of this scripture that so brilliantly conveys its holy truth...and you did it in verse! Brilliant, beautiful, and incisive. Straight to the heart and soul of the matter!
08/14/07
This was chilling and amazing. Just excellent.
08/15/07
Oooh, this is really, really good! Just long enough, and the last few stanzas have the desired "gasp" factor. Great job.
I don't know what to say except EXCELLENT!
Truly a Master with words! This is fabulous.
08/15/07
Beautiful imagery. I think you captured what He was thinking and feeling on that day, and how it ties to our hearts as Christians.
What a great, profound insight into this act of anger coming from our Saviour. This thought will stay with me for a long, long time.
08/16/07
This is beautiful. Your meter is very pleasing and your word choice is absolutely wonderful. Congrats on your EC!!!
08/25/07
Fantastic work Melanie - good to see you back where you belong :)