The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2144 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/21/08
Wow, I love the clothing metaphors! Very imaginative and compelling.
08/21/08
A delightful story and your title is excellent. One little glitch: "waste" should be "waist" — those silly spell-checkers! Well done.
08/23/08
Wow! This is very creative with the multi-faceted wife/mother. I especially liked the Mom coat that was next to the chair in case it was needed quickly. I had to smile at the bulging arm socks! :) Then your ending left me with peace.
08/23/08
This is absolutely wonderfully done. Excellent, EXCELLENT metaphor with astoundingly vivid descriptions. I truly adored this piece.
08/26/08
An excellant illustration of the many roles we play. Great job on the topic.
Your creativity shines here with the metaphors of a mom's job. The little prayer at the end tied it all together perfectly.
This is so creative and so true! Congratulations on your EC!
08/28/08
Well done, congrats! Your ending in particular brought tears - "Father, it's me. Just me."
08/28/08
Congratulations on your 2nd place. Very clever, and very good writing. Excellent job with the topic.
08/29/08
This should be posted on every Mom's refrigerator as a daily inspiration. What a wonderful piece of writing! Congratulations on your EC! Well deserved.