The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1620 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/13/08
Hehe - very cute and clever - great hints here and there. Fun piece for sure.
06/15/08
Yuck! LOL. But the food sure did sound good. Lots of fun.
06/19/08
Congratulations on your EC. Loved the food descriptions--so perfect for a family reunion.
LOL, totally out of left field. I never caught on that Guy was anything other than human until someone asked for the flyswatter. And oh those food descriptions! Congratulations on your EC. Well done Beth, well done.

Your ending snuck up on me, I was waiting for Guy to be the dog since no one was talking to him. I should have seen it, but then that just shows how well done that was.

Congratulations!
06/21/08
Ok, the very first paragraph kind of gave it away, but I was still surprised by the ending. :-) Love the dialog, and especially the food descriptions! Can't wait for our next FR! Congratulations!
06/21/08
Thanks you masters for your expertise and encouragement that we writers experience from you, right from starting out as beginners.
06/21/08
Very clever! No wonder you made it into the EC with this one. :)
06/22/08
Oh, very good! Here I was thinking Guy was a family member who used these reunions to gorge himself. Then clues like looking for a flyswat, and then when they find it, we realise who Guy is. Congrats on placing.
Congratulations, Beth! Your descriptions of food had me drooling. . . I like the way you cleverly hint at Guy's identity, right up to the ending. A delicious read!