The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1790 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/08
Beautiful re-telling of the story of Naomi. I like that you chose to high-light the part of the story BEFORE the most familiar section about Ruth showing her devotion to her mother-in-law. Love the characterizations; they bring this story to life.
01/18/08
I have always loved the story of Ruth and Naomi. Yours is beautiful.
01/19/08
Wonderful journey into Naomi's past, examining the causes of their later plight.
This was a great Bible story to illustrate the proverb, and you told it beautifully.
01/21/08
I was totally engrossed and engaged. This felt so true-to-life - you have added a new depth to one of my favorite Bible stories. Wonderful.
01/22/08
Beautiful insights into how Naomi must have felt - an important charachter that often gets left out of 'Ruth' :)
01/22/08
I could feel the emotion and passion throughout this piece. Excellent.
Interesting take on the topic with a biblical story.
01/22/08
I love this Bible story, and your retelling of it is masterful. You did a great job of showing the proverb through this story -- I have never thought of that part of the Ruth story before. Excellent job with the topic.
01/22/08
There's nothing to red ink :) It's hard to get historical detail into short fiction, but you managed to pull it off with feeling.
01/22/08
I love this story... and it shows this topic very well.
The short lines: "Her arms were full. Her arms were empty." were very effective.
01/22/08
I loved how you took the less familiar part of the book of Ruth and illuminated it for us. Super!
01/22/08
I'll have to go and read Ruth again. Eye opening and well written.
01/24/08
The story of Naomi is one of my favorites. I enjoyed the creative spin you gave this part of her story. Fantastic!
01/24/08
Every year I would read the books of Esther and Ruth to my daughters. :) This is such a beautiful portrayal of Naomi's story. You've read between the lines of the Bible story and brought this to life. Wonderful writing!