The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1248 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
This writing is so visual and evocative. Definitely gave me much to think about. I'd never thought about Sarah's perspective on this until I read this. Masterful and thought-provoking!
This is an awesome story that lingers in your heart long after you have read it. The descriptions are masterful.
08/03/07
A great take on the emotions of one of the Bible's most notable women. And as one who loves history, the research for this period was superb, creating an image in the reader's mind without being overwhelmed by historical fact. Excellent. ^_^
08/03/07
Thank you for the wonderful historical background. You have made that moment of Abram's departure from Ur, live. And your MC lives too! Well done.
08/04/07
A wonderful retelling of this bible story. Very descriptive!
08/08/07
I like the way you brought out this bit of Bible history. The images were powerful and the characters real.
08/08/07
Wow! Very well written -- I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
08/08/07
I liked your perspective on this Biblical story. Vivid descriptions.
The writing style reminded me of Pear S. Buck and the main protagonist in "The Good Earth"
Simply great writing that is informative and entertaining like Taylor Caldwell or even Leon Uris.
Beautifully written and such a fascinating presentation of these familiar Biblical characters! I was mesmerized again by your descriptive skill! Wonderful!
Once again, your descriptions are lovely, and made me feel as if I was really there. No one does this bettter than you. Thank you for bringing this Bible story to life.
Vivid descriptions coupled with historical veracity succeed in resurrecting an ancient time and event with an amazing freshness.