The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1936 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/06/07
You did an amazing job of creating a sense of place, both in the story and in the head of this persecuted man. This is truly excellent.
09/07/07
Oh, I don't want to be in a place like the minister was in. There's a real sense of foreboding in the writing, and right away the reader senses bad times are ahead. The scenes you described are vivid and scary.
09/08/07
Well written and very possibly future-telling, according to Scriptures. Kept me reading - good characterization.
09/11/07
Chillingly written. I felt very impressed by the pastor, however, in never denying God. Remarkable.
09/11/07
Good, vivid writing. Frighteningly real in spots.
09/11/07
good work! your write up is precise and intresting.
09/12/07
Beautiful, and excellent use of the presnet tense to capture the immediacy of the moment.
09/12/07
Great writing with a tough subject that's even hard for a Christian to think about. What a day that will be! Good title for your story too.
This is a powerful piece. I could feel your MC's agony. Very well done.
09/13/07
Oh no you don't George! Billy and his Chilli have got you hands down! Ohhhhhhh, you would pick THIS week to enter something like this! Arrrrggghh!

Such an excellent job! I got chill bumps! Unless those darn fleas from Joanne's entry last week are back. :)
This is a great story. I love the use of imagination in depicting an inevitable reality.
09/13/07
I was rivetted, George. Excellent job. You put us in his place--truly an awful to be. Wow. (Congratulations, by the way!!) :-)
Wow, wow, wow! Congratulations on placing. This is great and a well deserved win! Bravo.
Great writing, mood, atmosphere, message. Congratulations on a well-deserved win!
09/13/07
CONGRATS! WOW! This is master writing at its finest!
09/13/07
Congratulations on your EC. This is really good writing. Your descriptive phrasing makes it easy to be in the story. Great job.
09/14/07
Wow George. Such an intense story, and so perfectly described. I could picture the scenes so well. Great job!