The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1609 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I'm so accustomed to reading missionary stories in which the pov is on the missionary side. You took a unique approach showing God's hand on the hearts that He prepares beforehand for His saving gospel.
08/25/07
I enjoyed your story about missionaries becoming active in Russia. Please note that HTML commands for italics are and
God bless.
08/26/07
Interesting story. You captured the flavor of the foreign setting. I especially liked Sergei. He sounded like a genuine character to explore in depth when you write without the word count limit.
08/26/07
Good premise, a little choppy in places,and characters could be drawn a little better. Overall nice attempt with the storyline. Keep at it.
08/28/07
This was good--a really strong beginning, great descriptions.
I really enjoyed this missionary story. You made it clear that your mc had an answer to prayer, then showed just how it was answered. Good writing.
08/29/07
Very touching story from a far away place. I loved your use of dialogue and how you brought us into the scene. And, as usual, your descriptions were great! I would like to see more of these characters.
08/29/07
A lovely story about the way God answers prayers, often using unexpected means and people to do so! I like the faith of the little girl, and the humor between the male characters. You did a great job describing this slice of missionary life. I enjoyed the unusual POV, too.
08/29/07
You did an excellent job with dialog and atmosphere. This was a very engaging read.
Good story. I, too, enjoyed the pov. Great idea.