The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1274 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderful message here. Good thought.
05/25/07
I enjoyed the progression, ending with a note of pure inspiration!
05/25/07
This is great. I love the flow and the sentiment. Good work.
The repetition in your poem is very effective. Nice job.
Wow! This was rich with message and emotion. I was pleased with the internal rhyme in the first verse and surprised by the turn of emotions after the firs 2 verses. Very well constructed and lovely to read and ponder.
Beautifully written and flows so nicely. It made me feel hopeful as it progressed. Thumbs up.
05/29/07
I've only read a few this week, but this was one of the best ^_^
05/29/07
Definitely in my top 5 this week. I love everything about this heartbreakingly beautiful poem. Just have to mention the wonderful metrical scheme, with the little syncopated beat in the 4th line of each stanza.
"But love's not weighed by pounding hearts,
But by the grace of God applied"
--my favorite lines
This is a beutiful poem, putting love into its truest perspective.
05/30/07
This is so rich and deep. It brings to mind the Word, "His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness." Or, as our pastor points out frequently, our God is the God of second chances.
05/30/07
I really enjoyed this touching poem with its hope-filled ending! I liked the repetition of the last lines of the stanzas, too! Great writing! :)
05/30/07
Excellent meter and excellent sentiment here. Well done!
05/30/07
No wonder you're Ben Poet :) I love the way you structured this, the repetition, and the wonderful images. Such a strong message and a wonderful piece.
05/30/07
Good solid poem. Strong message withing sculptured verses. Thanks.
05/30/07
Very nice! I love the progression and how you used repetion-and made it fit so smoothly and well.
A song of the heart - giving praise - beautiful! Enjoyed the rhythm, meter and the message.
This poem sang in my heart as I read it. Well done!
05/30/07
So beautiful! I loved your word choices and the structure that added just enough brea from the meter.

I really enjoyed this! And it's message.
05/31/07
I am much in agreement with the comments. This was well crafted, vivid, and poignant. I especially liked the repetition with exclamation. You have certainly done your name proud :)
I am truly green with envy... but that's between me and the Lord. You just take comfort in my response that "I couldn't have written it better."