The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1179 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/27/12
Oh this was so cute. I really liked it. The little darlings thought they could fool parents! Boy...I can remember when I thought that too, all those years ago.

I enjoyed it. Thank you.
God bless~
07/27/12
Good sense of life and suspense and intrigue. How sad that these two young innocents got their just desserts ;-) Well written.
07/27/12
I so totally love this story! You did such a great job with descriptions and pulling us into the story. The title was a perfect choice, with an appropriate double meaning. Excellent job!
07/30/12
I love this! I could really imagine the girls' shock at the changed menu; but I applaud their courage to try such a wonderful idea! Let's face it, who here wouldn't like a "just desserts" buffet?! Hehe!! Well done, this is written beautifully and was very enjoyable.
07/30/12
I've heard of Wrigley, but have not had the privilege of reading one of her stories. This was absolutely delightful from beginning to end. If there were grammar or punctuation errors, I honestly did not see them. Your story flowed extremely well and if it had been a book, I wouldn't have been able to put it down. I LOVED this story. Excellent writing!
07/30/12
Imagine! Two little kids being mischievous!This is so cute. Good job! God bless!
07/30/12
Oh, too bad. I wanted the girls to get away with it! :) Cute story.
Isn't that the truth: Kids never think adults (or parents) ever talk to one another. Liked the story and could feel the "regret" of the girls as the time for the reveal came closer.
I started giggling half way through. I loved this story - and I think kids will too.
07/31/12
From the first moment of their conniving, I was fill with fear and trepidation for them. :) I love the twist you pulled on them (and the reader). You gave me a big smile with this, Shann. :) Totally enjoyed it!!
07/31/12
This is just the sort of thing my grand daughters would try....LOVED it! Great story...couldnt wait to see what kind of trouble they would get in....God Bless
07/31/12
This is just the sort of thing my grand daughters would try....LOVED it! Great story...couldnt wait to see what kind of trouble they would get in....God Bless
08/01/12
This was such a fun and enjoyable read. I enjoyed the build up to the dinner as the girls thought they'd gotten away with their plans. I could almost see the whole group winking at each other as the girls went up first.

While mischievious, I liked the sense of community and church family I felt while reading it. This was SO nice!
Hehehe, cute! I like it. I used to go to a church that had dessert auctions to raise money for missions.
08/02/12
Congrats on your H.C.! Cheering in the wings big time!
08/02/12
Congratulations on you HC. Didn't get any reading (or writing) done this week, but you are doing some really good writing.
08/02/12
Congratulations on you HC. Didn't get any reading (or writing) done this week, but you are doing some really good writing.
Very glad to see this. Congratulations, it was an enjoyable read and still holds true the second time through reading.
08/02/12
Congratulations on your HC, and great to see a whole bunch of FW family members expressing their praise as well. Just proves that as you give - as you do - it will be given back to you, pressed down, shaken togetehr and running over! Well done.
08/02/12
Loved it! Well done and congratulations on being HC.
08/03/12
Hey Shann, congrats on your highly commended bar!
08/03/12
Well deserved H>C>! Fun story of the way little girls think.
Keep writing!
08/03/12
Congrats Shann! God Bless~
08/03/12
Cute story and congrats on your rating!
08/05/12
Nice job Shann! Congratulations on your highly recommended rating. I thought the story was very cute and was able to picture it in my mind.
Loved this story. It was full of humor and love and reminded me about the times, as a kid, when my parents thwarted some of my own "sneaky" plans. A lot of fun to read.