The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1608 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/13/08
Master-FULL writing--perfectly on topic--I can feel the Main Character's emotions thoroughout. Well done!
Wow - very nicely done... you capture the MCs emotions so well.. and make the reader feel her pain. I agree - master-fully written!!!
How sad. You captured her emotions well, along with her yielded spirit.
11/15/08
A wonderful job of showing us your MC's emotions. A wonderful lesson for us all. Beautiful.
Very moving and timely. We had two elderly family members become widows this year and they've been on my mind with Thanksgiving coming. This confirms that I've got to call them. Thanks.
11/17/08
Excellent story. I think the title sums it all up very well.
11/18/08
A picture of God's grace and love overcoming the pain that life brings. Very well written.
11/18/08
A very sad reminder of how we allow ourselves to get wrapped up in what we think is important. Thank you for this.
11/18/08
You drew us in and made the MC so very real..
I love the emotions portrayed in this. I'm so happy that she picked up the phone to comfort a friend instead of giving in to self pity. Wonderful story. Great writing.
Oh, this *does* need a tissue alert. It's a very well written reminder that we can't forget those most dear to us, no matter how busy we are. Well done.
This made me so sad and then thankful for the peace God gives. Your writing gift is tremendous.
11/21/08
Wonderful descriptive writing, Laura, and what a great message for people at this time of year. Sending cards are no substitute for demonstrating Christ's love for each other and taking the time to ask people to our homes on this special day (and on other days too!)