The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1249 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a very interesting retelling of the Bible story. Great descriptive writing.
09/08/07
An amazingly vivid retelling of this story, with some excellent insights. Enjoyed this very much.
I'm enthralled with your "story behind the story"!
Vivid account of a Bible passage.
09/11/07
Very well put together - a few minor grammatical slips -more description v. dialogue would keep the magnificent pace of the story. When my son heard this one for the first time he asked why he had never heard it in Sunday school, hehe.
09/11/07
Ooh, what a great retelling of this Biblical story! So vivid in description and fast paced. I've not read this story for a little while, but it came alive here in your entry!
Sorry I didn't end up getting this proofread for you. It's a powerful story.
09/11/07
Masterfully written, powerful, action-packed--a very strong entry! The only thing I'd change is the title--it was the name of a horrible thriller movie here in the United States, and you don't want to start off with that association.
09/12/07
Wow and double wow! An awesome read - inspired chills.

Awesome! (and masterfully written) ;)
I sure didn't recognize what story this was based on until the mention of the tent peg! What a surprise for me! You wove the retelling wonderfully, but I'm still wincing at the action she obediently took. That story always gets to me...stomach flip mode. LOL Great job! (It's so good to have you writing for the WC again!)
Great writing! Very talented. Keep up the greatly inspired writing!
Strong writing. I was right there in the midst of it. Good work.
You made this story from the Bible come alive once again. Great job of engaging the reader with your use of dialogue and setting.