The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1557 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/18/07
And this has no comments why? Oh, because there are so many to read. I liked this a lot. Refreshing to see how new technology is potrayed the same way it is today. Very nicely done, I thought. :)
05/18/07
Very creative story! I enjoyed reading it! :)
05/19/07
A great take on Sci Fi and I love the heavenly names most of all. Nice job!
Oh, I just love this story! I want one of those fashion chambers!!! I like that the changes you made in the future were all such good ones--not changing the glory of the gospel and the beauty of young love. This one is a keeper!
05/20/07
My fav quote: "Most change is good, Mom, it’s the adjustment that can be difficult.” What wisdom in those words. Good job with this!
05/20/07
I liked how in the future, God and love are still foundations of life. I want one of those bed refreshers.
05/21/07
Very charming! I was most amused by the names: my mother, whose name is Shirley, used to think her name was in the 23rd Psalm when she was a child. So I was entranced by Shirley Goodness and Mercy.
05/21/07
Charming is the perfect word for this piece. I truly enjoyed it. A nice change from some of the action-packed entries I've been reading. Refreshing piece!
So when are you going to mass market the bed refresher and fiber reducer thingies? I'm first in line.
The technology made me think of the Jetsons.
Good message, too. Well done.
05/23/07
Well done, creative entry. I loved the technology you included, but kept the old-fashioned family values.
05/23/07
Very creative and a nice read, loved the ending - very heartfelt.
You did such a great job on this story. I really liked it alot! Well done!
05/23/07
Refreshing take on the genre! Well done! I really enjoyed the flow, storyline and ending.

I LOVED all your concepts! Wouldn't they be so nice to have! ;) *sigh*

Loved it! :)

05/24/07
“Push a button and a bed refresher replaces the linens and deposits the old ones in the fiber reducer.”

You better get a patent on this idea quick! I'm with Betty. I want this one asap for emergencies and for travel---but I'll keep a few "old" towels around to hang on the line (I love the heavenly fresh aroma :)

I sure appreciate your creative genius, and I love the names, too.
05/24/07
Oh, how neat! I'll be first in line for one of those food processors--do you think they could have it to me in time for supper tonight? :-) Very well done and enjoyable!!
Great imagination at work - wonderful job. I love the fabric reducer!!
"The adjustments can be difficult" if we all would embrace change and acknowledge we'll have to bend a little we would all be better people, thank you as always for keeping us grounded, your writings as always deserve a voice, they are vividly written, thank you for continuing to bless us! God Bless you always.
06/09/07
Shirley Goodness and Mercy, you had me smiling from the first word! A light, entertaining and encouraging piece. :-) yeggy