The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1243 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderful story. I just loved Old Ben, and the thought of him playing a harmonica was just delightful; it really suits him. The voices of the different animals were just perfect and the attitudes fit them so well.
Oh I do hope Ben is reunited with Stella.
Well done, a really, really great entry.
05/24/08
I really liked this. It had some humor and sadness and lost love all rolled up into what? 750 words, I would assume. Great job:)
Laury
Aww, bittersweet story. I did wonder how he could stay at the shelter for so long, so the postscript answered that question. :-) Good story!
Nice job of showing us! I could totally see everything... very detailed.
05/26/08
What a sweet story, and very well written. I loved the dialogue between the dogs. Well done!
Very creative - you're really thinking "out-of-the-box" since you got that new car, aren't you?!? :) Nice characterization in this piece.
05/26/08
Lovely piece that was SO sweet - great characterization. I'm impressed :)
And here I thought they just barked. Very creative and fun.
Loved the blues singing hound. Felt a bit like Lady and the Tramp meets the Aristocats.
Fun read.
05/27/08
Oh man, I'm not a fan at all of "animal POV" stories, but this one just slayed me. The blues, the harmonica, the different voices for each dog...so, so, so good!
Way to write! Loved this! Again, your descritions were so good I could see everything. Kinda reminded me of Lady and the Tramp ... my fav Disney moive. This should do very well in the ratings!
You characterized each dog SO well. I can see this as a Disney movie. I really loved this!
I loved your Lady and the Tramp writing to this subject. Me thinks the Tramp needs the Lady to return! I loved this and it was so realistically written.
05/28/08
Excellent work! The blues playing hound was exceptional and the added details of his life added great color and texture to the story. Well written, it kept me very engaged. Keep up the great work!
05/28/08
Great job, Josh! This was very entertaining, sad, but hopeful too! ~ Tracy
05/28/08
Amazing and entertaining for SURE! Well done!
Ohhh, poor Ben! I'm glad it's a No-kill shelter. I hope that he does get out and find his Stella soon and someday. This was simply great, the whole singing and harmonica bit. ^_^
I love the voice you gave each animal. I also loved the way you give an animal POV about shelters and abandonment. Well done my FaithWriter friend. Well done!
Very nice job getting inside the old dog's head! Great characterization of the dogs' various personalities, too. Blessings, Cheri
05/29/08
Great imagination! Creative story-telling at its best.
How did you do that??? I'm so envious!! What a cute, sweet story told so very, very well!
05/29/08
Engaging story, which reminded me of Joseph stuck in prison and hoping someone would remember him. The only thing which I found distracting was the vowel-elongated words--I think simple italics would have sufficed.
05/31/08
Congratulations, Josh, on placing seventh in your level this week!
Way to go Josh. What an engaging tale. Really loved the different animals and am so glad it was a No kill shelter they were all in. You deserve your placing. Keep it up you are going from strenngth to strength.
Blessings