The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 4183 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/30/06
It is true. The devil is working overtime to foul things up for Mankind. In fact, he began his sinful ways...In High Places! (heaven) Nice story and well written.
02/01/06
Interesting story. Sounds like the beginning of a Sci Fi with a Christian slant. Run with it.
Enjoyed it. Kept my attention all the way through...so when do we get to buy the book?
02/03/06
cool take on the topic - I figured we would get a lot of 'outer space' entries this week, and even though yours was, it was different enough not to be boring - well done
02/03/06
Oooh, I like this! Great dialog, great take on the topic, great suspense, great character devolopment.
This kept my attention all the way through! I really enjoyed it--great job!
Hey, I do believe I could get into sci-fi with you writing it! :) I want to hear more of this story! Great job!!
02/03/06
Very cool! I loved how you combined Christianity with science "fiction"...it isn't done very often but you pulled it off. Good job!!
02/04/06
Me too! I'd like to know more! This was a great read and I thouroughly enjoyed it. Great job!
I enjoyed this too. Maybe if you expand it, you could take us into his dreams at the beginning. That could make an interesting 1st chapter!
02/07/06
Ooooh ... goosebump reading! Well done! I agree ... this needs expanding.
Very creative and enjoyable but I want more! Well done.
02/08/06
Wow, intriguing. Wish I knew what he was dreaming. I like how you showed that the angels were there too, not just the enemy. Great job.
Ooooh! I liked this! Well-written, Shari! gave me goosebumps at the end "We pray."
06/15/06
Oh...wow! Very interesting! Reading this makes me even more excited about your Novel Challenge project. ^_^
03/29/07
Great characterization and description. I felt pulled in completely. Thanks for pointing me this way!
03/29/07
Neat, Shari! I'm not usually into anything remotely scifi, but you had me hooked! :-) I loved how you tied in the spiritual warfare--too true! :-)
03/30/07
I agree with the above, my guess is it's hard to attempt Christian and Sci-Fi much rather pull it off. You did a great job doing so. The last line was powerful.
From beginning to end, I was hooked. I loved this.
Wow. This was really great! I liked how you managed to create a space feel in the 750 words and not lose me in the whole scheme of things. I really liked Phil, he was funny, especially how close everyone was on the ships that warrented a bit of word getting around before he was ready to give notice of his dreams. Really fun reading! ^_^