The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1141 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/21/10
Lighthearted fun - I enjoyed this.
01/22/10
Great story! I thot for sure the groom would really lose the ring after teasing the bestman so!
01/23/10
Hilarious. Each thing that happened surprised me. Good job!
Poor Gerald. A "grate" title, ending, and story overall!
Nicely written. It's refreshing to see that the long-time friends really knew each other and neither over-reacted.
Shann
01/26/10
A lot of fun. I had a little difficulty working out exactly when this episode was taking place. But it was a gr8 tease
I only saw one one coming; the 2nd one was a bonus. A good, humorous read. Patty
01/27/10
I could see this clearly. Certainly on topic and well written.

Mona
01/27/10
Excellent! Just when I was about to accuse you of being predictable, you yanked the rug out from under me! Kudos!
Tyler sure knows his friend. :) I really enjoyed this!
From the very appropriate title to the perfect ending, I loved your story.
Your double 'oops' sure perpetrated a great big whammy on us.

Only one thing, shouldn't Gerald turned to face his lifelong friend. be Tyler turned to face his lifelong friend?

But, great story, it had me "oh no-ing', then mad at Tyler for being mean to Gerald, and feeling sorry for Gerald, then wanting to thump Tyler for his trick, and just plain laughing out loud. Well done.
01/27/10
Funny and totally unexpected. I loved the second Oops! I got the impression in the beginning that the ringbearer was a young kid, so that caught me by surprise, as well.
I loved the story.
I really liked the title and the doubl oops was great. Nicely done.
01/28/10
Great story with a grate ending!