The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1735 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/07
I love this story - it gave me chills when they jumped together. Wonderful action and powerful lesson!
05/31/07
Excellent message, and so intense. Your sense of place is just perfect. This is wonderful.
06/01/07
Whoa.
06/01/07
Fabulous. It terrified me all the way to the amazing conclusion
Good story. I'm so glad it ended this way. Good job.
Hautingly authentic and the adventure continues.
06/05/07
Bill, this one is wonderful! Fantastic ending, high energy and suspense, great atmosphere--one of your best!
Wow! You captured the emotion, the characters, the scene, and the message perfectly, with suspense thrown in for good measure!
06/05/07
Great story, Bill. I savored the suspense and the boy's thoughtfulness and his ultimate decision. Bravo on all counts!
06/05/07
Your writing astounds me. This reminds me of your "Aunt Isabe's Cabin," which you know I see playing as a movie in my mind. As impossible as I find it to see through the eyes of the elder Billy, intent on a lynching, your writing is as believable as history with a wonderful ending, instead. Our Creator has blessed you with a remarkable gift, and I'm glad to be in your audience.
Wow! What an exhilerating lift. I love the taste of freedom and you certainly captured it wonderfully. Excellent writing, especially for this time period. I loved that they two jumped together in the end. I hope they got away. ^_^
Yay!! FREEEEDOM!!! Love everything about this adventure, but especially the change of heart at the end, and the escape.
06/06/07
Excellent... speechless...
I have to admit I like this. ;-) The setting is authentic and the pace is spot-on. I could sense Billy's change of heart coming but it was invigorating all the same.

I like that this shows that there are many kinds of freedom, and each one can be exhilerating in its own way. Great job and good luck!
06/07/07
Love the title - loved the ending and loved the writing in between - I would say this is very creative indeed!!
06/07/07
Fantastic read!