The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1098 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/01/05
WHEW! this is something,
what a poem.
08/02/05
Your Article has a "fiction" disclaimer on it, but I would say that you captured "fact" most succinctly. From the dreary days that follow the incident, to the awful realization of "love now lost", you speak to the private pain of many. "Right On" & WRITE ON!

Pauly
08/03/05
Very emotional even if it is fiction. I could feel it as I was reading. Very good entry. God bless ya, littlelight
08/04/05
Heart wrenching glimpse in to the grief of another. Well done.
08/04/05
What a great read Penny! You had me reveted with every word! Good job.
08/04/05
WOW, powerful - so many have to face this type of disaster. How do people pick-up the pieces? Will they ever get their "WHY's" answered? Put a "to be continued" on this poem. What's next?
08/04/05
So glad you let us know that was fiction -but I'm sure it tells someone's story somewhere. Very touching.
Emotional. A glimpse into the way death can suddenly turn a life upside down. Imaginative use of the challenge topic. Well done!
Very real. Too real. You've captured the trauma of a devastating moment.
Wow, very immotional poem. Good job!
08/06/05
Well done Penny.
08/06/05
Riveting!
08/07/05
Strong. Very strong. Captured the essentials but didn't get bogged down in the unnecessary. Really plied the emotions here. I suspect that you won't be in this level for long. This has top 8 potential.
All I can say is...WOW! The title caught my eye first and I had to read what the Charred Remains were. You did a fantastic job on this piece! I could feel the emotions as I read this. Keep up the great work!
08/08/05
Penny, this entry was very good - in fact, I would say it was one of the best things you've written so far at FaithWriters. I will also tell you that two out of three of the judges for Level 1 that week actually gave it quite a high rating. The other was more middle of the road. You definitely are hitting the right spot, so keep pressing on. I believe that your persistence and willingness to keep honing your skill, will be rewarded. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)