THE TWELFTH ANNUAL PAGE TURNER WRITING CONTEST
2018 - CHRISTIAN FICTION AND NON-FICTION
FaithWriters.com and Breath of Fresh Air Press are pleased to announce the twelfth annual Page Turner Writing Contest. If you are a FaithWriters Platinum member, you are invited to enter this very special contest created just for you. If you are not yet a Platinum member, this may be the perfect reason to upgrade. The feedback on your manuscript, alone, makes it outstanding value.
Maybe you've got a half-written manuscript gathering dust in the bottom of your wardrobe. Perhaps it's something you wrote during NaNoWriMo last year. It could even be an idea that's been brewing in the back of your mind for years. Whatever the stage of your manuscript, this contest is the spur you need to write, polish, and submit it-and we will give you until the end of September to get your entry ready.
Sound good? Well, here's what you need to do:
1. Upgrade to a Platinum member (if you haven't already done so).
2. Write, edit, and polish at least one chapter of your manuscript. You may seek professional editing input to polish your chapter.
3. Prepare a book proposal (suggestions for the proposal are included on the Platinum member Page Turner information page).
4. When you have a book proposal and a polished first chapter, combine the two as one Word or RTF document (book proposal first, followed by the chapter), and you're all set to enter the 2018 Page Turner Contest.
There will be one Page Turner champion-the highest rated entry overall, chosen from either the Fiction or Nonfiction categories. This one champion will win:
1. A fabulous cash prize of $400 (US);
2. The offer of traditional publication of their winning manuscript by Breath of Fresh Air Press (which includes editing of the manuscript, if published by Breath of Fresh Air Press);
3. Free publicity and marketing of their book on all FaithWriters' sites for twelve months following publication; and
Two Page Turner runners up will be chosen (one from each of the two categories-fiction and nonfiction). Each runner up will receive:
1. Two x one-hour, live online, mentoring sessions with Deb Porter through Finesse Writing and Editing Service.
2. Consideration for possible publication by Breath of Fresh Air Press (the 2017 Fiction runner up was signed for publication by Breath of Fresh Air Press, along with the overall champion).
* Terms and conditions apply as outlined on the full information page for Platinum members HERE.
Brief feedback on your entry by Deb Porter (Breath of Fresh Air Press) will be available after the contest is concluded. However, this feedback will only be provided at the entrant's request (which should be indicated by checking the appropriate box on the entry form. Many people enter the Page Turner purely for this very helpful feedback.
If you are a Platinum member, you can find out more about this year's Page Turner contest HERE.
If you are a member of FaithWriters and would like to learn more about upgrading to a Platinum member account, you can do so HERE.
Note: If you upgrade to enter the Page Turner contest, you agree to remain a Platinum member for at least one year.
If you are not yet a member of FaithWriters, and would like to find out more about the levels of membership, you can do so HERE.
If you have any queries regarding the 2018 Page Turner contest, or wish to confirm that your entry has been received, please contact Deb Porter via the contact page at Breath of Fresh Air Press: http://www.breathoffreshairpress.com/contact/