The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 709 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Poetry isn't my strongest suit, but oh I enjoyed this one. Your subtle sense of humor had me smiling from beginning g to end. I think the Bible verse you selected is perfect for this delightful out-of-the-box piece.
03/14/19
Thanks for the laughter from this one. :)
03/15/19
Well done!
Blessings~
Delightful poem--cleverly written!
"Ode to an Alarm Clock." As soon as I read that, I knew I was in for some fun, and this did not disappoint. Cleverly done. Kudos.
03/16/19
Love it. I'm a snooze button hitter, so this spoke directly to me!
03/16/19
Oh, this is a cute poem. It had me smiling all the way through. Well done. :)
So clever. I wonder if you came across the Proverb verse and that began a seed of an idea for your poem. It was awesome.
03/16/19
*Giggle* I love this! You made my alarm clock realize it is not the only one persecuted for doing its job in the morning. lol.
03/17/19
Very clever idea for the topic. This was a fun poem to read...and I could relate. I whack at my alarm hitting every button until I accidentally change the time. I have to set my phone alarm as backup.
03/18/19
This was a fun read! I'm glad I'm not at the routine mercy of the alarm clock, but I did my time in the past!
I laughed hard at your entry, remembering when my alarm clock would go off and I'd hit it with a bang. A very delightful, funny poem !
03/19/19
How I love this. Poetry can be so fun and tell such wonderful atories. You do it so well.
03/20/19
I laughed my way through this. What a different and light-hearted take on the topic. And I love that is based on truth.
03/20/19
This is great (and something I live with my husband hitting the snooze... which I based one of my entries on way back lol). Congrats!
Congratulations on your EC! Happy Dance!
03/21/19
What a fun poem and an out-of-the-box approach to the topic. Congratulations on the EC! It is well-deserved.
03/21/19
Congratulations on placing 5th place, Allison.

Since I'm really not a morning person, I so enjoyed Ode to an Alarm Clock.

Very creative.