The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 658 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/24/19
A wonderful story of how God can use anyone to help in times of trouble and sadness. I wish there were more people today that would give from their heart and care for those around them. Great job!
01/24/19
This gave me chills. How like our Heavenly Father to bring blessings into the tribulations of our lives. This carried me along to the end.
I felt the determined care this Mama had for her family.
Very lovely.
You have the most heart-wrenching stories. I'm guessing this one is true. What a beautiful ending. Excellent!
01/25/19
This is one of those stories where one feels grateful that it is true. That there were, and still are, people like Mama. And people like the girl and her mother who, instead of hoarding their wealth, gave to those in need. Thank you very much for writing this story. It blessed me a great deal and was very well written.
What a beautiful story of God's grace in action. I can not help but love this mama more and more every time I read a story about her.
01/25/19
What a heartwarming story. I enjoyed this. Well done.
01/25/19
I read this one yesterday but did not have time to comment right away but it stuck with me. This account gives such an insight to life in the USA in a time gone by - one that most of us would never think about.

On top of that, it is beautifully written. Well don.
01/25/19
Another B - beautifully told. Very moving story, and all the more because it's true. Great writing
Sweet story, well told. Thank you for sharing.
This is an awesome piece. I could picture the characters so clearly. I have a lump in my throat. It's wonderful how God can help us through horrible times if we let him, and then uses that time to glorify God. My only comment is tiny. Most resources say to write out numbers up to a hundred, although AP says up to ten. Either way, it's important to be consistent. You wrote out four, but used numerals for 9. Overall, though you did a splendid job. The opening drew me in right away. Your characters, the dialog, and the suspense kept me until the end,and then the ending left me with a smile and a warm fuzzy feeling.
01/26/19
I can imagine who wrote this story, for theirs is always so interesting! Well done!
I was thrilled to see this well-told story is not fiction. The Holy Spirit really does prompt people to act as Jesus' hands and feet.
I say ditto to all the comments. Such a captivating story. You did a superb job with the statistics paragraph. You seamlessless wove the numbers into the storytelling.
01/31/19
I love reading stories from eras gone by. You drew me in with the excitement of the first paragraph and kept me interested to the end.

Well written and a beautiful story.
01/31/19
I love reading stories from eras gone by. You drew me in with the excitement of the first paragraph and kept me interested to the end.

Well written and a beautiful story.
02/01/19
Beautifully expressed, fabulous job of content and delivery.
I loved this whole well deserved EC entry.

Thank you,

god Bless~