The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 852 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Oh I love this. I was mesmerized from the beginning and found myself smiling and chuckling throughout. It's funny how God does things. I had a similar experience in 1993. My mom died in August, unexpectedly and I grieved deeply. But in December, the life cycle and the love cycle continued with the birth of my daughter. You reminded me to focus on the good part of that year and I thank you. Your details were so vivid, I was certain this would have been nonfiction. Brilliant writing.
07/18/14
Don't you just love what a wonderful sense of humour God has to orchestrate these kinds of things? Great story.
07/18/14
Adorable story. I particularly enjoyed the narrator's growing sense of obsession over all the noise. Thoroughly delightful.
07/23/14
Loved your story, with the MC's obsession with the noises, the fiesty rooster and the romance. Very well written! Just one tiny red ink comment: It might be better not to say "This beautiful girl..." and to say 'A beautiful girl..." instead. (My opinion and preference only.)Well done!
07/23/14
Awww. Loved this! Well done.

God bless~
Congratulations! Happy Dance!
Congratulations on this really delightful story.
07/24/14
Congrats!

God bless~
07/25/14
What a fabulous story.

I thoroughly enjoyed your MC's frustration as I am one can be unnerved by incessant noise!
07/26/14
Congratulations, Leola, on your EC place. It's well deserved!
07/27/14
A belated congratulations on your EC. What an adorable story. I enjoyed every word.