The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1560 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/29/11
A very interesting para(llela)ble, and I loved the last line.
You did an excellent job of "updating" a parable for a very enjoyable read.
05/04/11
Oh this is excellent. I love how you combined two stories. Perfect for children (and adults) to understand the meaning behind the parable. Your last line made me smile. I love it! This is beyond creative!
05/05/11
This was an outstanding submission on the topic of "outstanding". I, too, loved the new take on a favorite parable.
Excellent - what a great interpretation of the parable. Many congrats on your placing.
05/05/11
Reminiscent of the little red, but with an outstanding eternal truth. This would be a lovely kids book; I can already see the illustrations. Congratulations!
05/05/11
This clever mix of a children's tale and a classic parable makes for a delicious little story. Very well done! (The parable of the talents is one of my favorites. :) )
05/05/11
Beyond creative! Just....Outstanding! Would love to read this to my grandchildren!
05/05/11
Congratulations!!! Another EC:) Wonderful story!
05/05/11
Excellent! (no wonder you earned an EC)

It combined two familiar stories and put its own twist into it. Kids will love the repeated words, especially "Whatever!"
Congratulations, Sharlyn! Enjoyed your fable immensely. In addition to the Bible reference it reminded me of Orwell's "Animal Farm". All very profound lessons yet some, like Puddles, never seem to learn no matter how well-told the story might be. Nice to see your work recognized here.
06/16/11
What a wonderful retelling of the parable in Matthew. I loved your unforgetable characters. It will warm the hearts of children and adults alike.

I hope this story can one day be illustrated and made into a children's book. It would be a classic.