The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1780 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/18/11
So creative - and what a fun piece. Don't know the structure of a sestina, but I definitely like it. Nicely done.
An excellent Sestina--I love it!
Bravo on using this highly structure poetic form and successfully telling a delightful tale. No way am I that disciplined, so my kudos to you and your talent.
04/21/11
Being ignorant on poetic forms, my hat goes off to you. A well told tale!
04/21/11
Hats off to you for your first place win.
04/21/11
Congratulations on your win. I loved the use of poetry. Thank you for sharing your work.
Congrats, my friend, on this well deserved win! What a delightful poem! You've worked within the confines of the sestina form and created a fresh, light hearted, entertaining piece all at the same time. Great job!
04/24/11
I have heard Red Green discuss scatching... but I think your infirmity was more short lived than the curse put on Red and men in general...
04/25/11
LOL, I love your humor combined in this poetic format! :) Super congrats, Sharlyn!
04/25/11
This is from my very smart friend Beth LaBuff who had to school me so I knew what was going on here:

The sestina is a complex form that achieves its often spectacular effects through intricate repetition. The thirty-nine-line form is attributed to Arnaut Daniel, the Provencal troubadour of the twelfth century. The name "troubadour" likely comes from trobar, which means "to invent or compose verse." The troubadours sang their verses accompanied by music and were quite competitive, each trying to top the next in wit, as well as complexity and difficulty of style.

Awesome work, Sharlyn! Congratulations!!!!