The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1005 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/18/10
Great entry - wrapped up with a bow!
Wow! Great story telling and description. Is this a true story?
03/19/10
I'm so glad she didn't go through with the marriage. I was really wrapped up in the story.
03/20/10
Good for Suzanne, for being wise and brave when it really counted. If I were her, though, I think I'd have to give my new husband a new nickname after we were married! Fun story!
03/21/10
So the best man actually lived up to his title! Very cleverly put together with warmth, doubt and strength of character showing through. Great read.
03/22/10
A great entry with some lovely images (eg: a mincing neo-goddess!). This proves that guys can write romance as well as any of us gals, huh? Good job!
I know with you to expect the unexpected! Delightful story.
Loved the unexpected and was so glad for "Pimple" :)
So many dynamics going on here. You painted sure characteristics of each of the players and they fulfilled their rolls flawlessly. For a romance it all seemed a bit too robotic for me - maybe it was all a bit too stark and not enough mush. But what do I know of such things? In a way it reminded me of a silent era movie - actions with subtitles. It seemed to have worked then and it seems to have work now.
03/22/10
I was prepared to stop the wedding myself... so glad that wasn't necessary. :) Creative work on this heart-warming story. I totally enjoyed it!
03/23/10
Great foray into the world of romance. Loved the twist on the wedding. I felt as if there was a lot of telling, particularly when introducing the characters, but the overall effect worked.
03/24/10
I think "Pimple" should have asserted himself a lot earlier, then Suzanne would never have gotten mixed up with that total jerk, Michael. I'm so glad she had the courage to say "No way!" Fun romantic comedy--Well done!