The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1716 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Your descriptions of this rite of early springtime are so very inviting--I want to be there with you. Excellent writing.
07/30/09
Spring and baseball season are synonymous—really excellent.
08/03/09
Although I have never been to a baseball game, your passionate writing sucked me right in. Extremely well done.
Yes! Baseball and memories. I can relate. Opening day IS the first day of spring for many of us. Nice writing.
08/03/09
3-Finger Brown instead of Joseph? Oh man. How funny is that? LOL. Great entry. I love baseball, but mainly watching my own sons play. But still, there's nothing like the first game of the season:)
You "took me out to the ballgame!" (BTW, I'm a Red Sox fan) Thanks for the memories.
Oh my dad would have loved this! And yes, the first day of spring is the beginning of baseball season. Can you believe that one of the last things my dad said before he passed away was, "What's the score of the ball game?" This is such a good read and it's surely one of my favorites!
08/04/09
Just wonderful and clever. And fun! The way you wrote this I felt like I was right there!

Very well done!
08/04/09
You vividly caught the essence of what it means to love baseball!
Very creative. I felt like I was at the ballpark, oh if there were only players like Babe Ruth today...Nicely done!