The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1291 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/31/14
I admire your warm, descriptive style; and how you have unfolded Molly's story so gently. Beautifully written.
02/01/14
Heart gripping story beginning to end! Dogs have long been known to be good therapy for many with deep emotional scars and I love how you brought that to light, with your heaven sent “Cherub.” Most dogs are just unconditional love personified—but then so were the parents of your story! They took in troubled little Molly, and showered her with patient, selfless love. The real world needs many more like them! Great read, wonderfully written!
02/01/14
What a beautiful and moving story! You drew me into the thoughts and feelings of the person telling the tale really well. Well done.
02/01/14
Just beautiful. I loved this sweet story.
I absolutely loved this sweet story, and as it unfolded, I couldn't wait to see what the light at the end of the tunnel would be. This is a winner for me.
Oh wow! You nailed it with this one. I could feel my heart ache for all of the Mollys of the world. You did an awesome job of bringing the characters to life. As for red ink, I did notice a couple of sentences that were a tiny bit awkward and I had to reread it to understand. This one was the one that made me stumble: I almost wanted her to get into some kind of trouble – anything but just stay where I put her.
I think just tweaking it a bit like this maybe: I almost would've preferred her to get into trouble--to do anything but just sit and suck her thumb.
That's still not perfect but wanted to show you what I meant. They both have 19 words so it wouldn't affect that. I know the word limit will often make me trim sentences that I wish I didn't need to.

That tiny stumble is really nothing compared to this beautiful story. It seems these days parents give up on their own kids. I can't understand it. If only all the Mollys found foster parents like your MC. You nailed the topic in a fun and different way while delivering a powerful message.
02/01/14
You wrote about a subject that's near to my heart-foster children. Mollie came alive with your excellent characterization.

Tiny red ink...suggest leaving out the "the" before television, and tightening/restructuring the phrase, "get the kitchen clean" with "clean the kitchen."

Great ending to a heart-warming story.
02/01/14
Wow, there are tears in my eyes as I write this. Is this fiction? It sounds so true. Molly found and angel in a scruffy dog.

I will read this to my granddaughters. Superb writing here.
02/02/14
A great story and very well written. It started really well and held me firmly until the end.

God bless and well done.
Please continue writing about precious Molly and her sweet Cherub!
02/04/14
This is beautiful, almost perfection to me. I wouldn't change anything about it. I loved how she didn't mind the fur on the floor. I had to chuckle. Great work!
02/05/14
What a tender and precious story. Animals can reach places that even the best of hearts cannot. Very descriptive and well written.

If so include, can you throw me a brick back?
http://www.faithwriters.com/wc-article-level3.php?id=47646
02/05/14
Awww...I'm a push-over for animal stories, and this one didn't disappoint. A tender and well written piece.

THank you.

God bless~
02/06/14
I loved reading this endearing heart-tugging tale. Many congrats on your 2nd place EC, dear Vonnie!
02/06/14
What an amazing story. I was pulled right into it and didn't want it to end. Congratulations on your placing. Well deserved!
Congratulations on your EC for this beautiful story. I knew it was a winner!
02/06/14
Yahoo Yvonne! I loved this and I am so happy you were a winner!!! It was so deserved!
So moving and real. Congratulations
02/06/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
02/06/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
02/06/14
Congratulations on a well-deserved placing, and I agree that there's lots of room for more Molly stories in the future.
02/07/14
Beautifully written, Yvonne. Congratulations on your placement. God bless!
02/07/14
Congratulations, Yvonne, on your second place win. It is well deserved for this lovely story, so well told.