The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1372 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/22/13
AWESOME! POWERFUL! Wonderfully told beginning to end! Emotion drips in every line!

This hit me like a fist in the chest, I was so grabbed emotionally! I could relate the mother’s feelings because my son was born with a heart defect and at 18 months of age he was taken into surgery and given only a 10% chance of survival. I got a miracle too, for he is 37 today! But I will never forget when they took him out of arms into the OR and I was exactly as the mother in this poem—I felt I could not breath and I slid down to the ground, begging God! Oh, how this poem brought back all those feelings! I can barely type now for tears in my eyes.

This is a winner to me, no matter how it scores, not just because it is so well written—but because it is true—because by God’s grace another monster was defeated! Just a walk through children’s hospitals can bring the agony part of this poem to life in the face of parents waiting, hoping they too can defeat the monster! Thank you Lord for blessing the child of this poem with Your mercy!


08/22/13
Oh my goodness, you did a masterful job on the beautiful, breathtaking piece. I felt every emotion from fear to faith to smiling from ear to ear. Thank you so much for sharing this. I felt like I was watching all take place this in slow motion.

Superb!
08/23/13
Your beautifully crafted piece has captured what's going on in the heart of every parent in surgical waiting rooms all over the world. I need to sit a moment to let my heart rate return to normal--gripping piece. Indeed, a winner!
08/24/13
A beautiful message woven by the heart of a compassionate caregiver. I will share this touching story with a friend who works with St.Jude...

Wing His Words.
Wow this is powerful. I stopped at the end and offered a prayer for all the children and families fighting cancer. Jesus is the great physician for sure.
08/29/13
Wonderful! Congratulations on being NUMBER 3! Well deserved. God bless.
08/29/13
Congratulations on your receiving EC! God bless!
Oh Camille! I am aching and haven't been feeling well but this deserves my Happy Dance!! I am so happy for you, it's worth moving around a bit to dance in your celebration!!
Oh Camille! I am aching and haven't been feeling well but this deserves my Happy Dance!! I am so happy for you, it's worth moving around a bit to dance in your celebration!!
08/29/13
Congratulations, Camille, on this beautifully written, emotionally charged entry! Love it and love you, Camille!
08/29/13
Congrats on your win and EC in the Masters level my friend. I am so very happy for you, as this was well deserved and then some! Blessings, Lynn
08/29/13
Congratulations on a double-third place win! I just love it when the judges agree with me, don't you? You had a terrific article and I'm jumping up and down over here to help you celebrate its recognition.
08/29/13
Congratulations, dear friend!

Wing His Words
08/29/13
I love the story you told in this. It's simply fantastic. Congratulations.
08/29/13
I am so touched by this entry. As a former St. Jude nurse, I know first hand the courage of the children and families who are taken care of at that extraordinary hospital for children with catastrophic illnesses.
08/29/13
Congratulations Camille. This is a moving and uplifting poem, more so because it's true. You did a great job of capturing the emotions of the mother and drawing us right there into the scene with her. Great writing.
A wonderful praise poem. Congratulations on your EC. You are so faithful in commenting on others, I'm so glad to see you in the limelight!
08/29/13
CONGRATULATIONS! WhooHoo, doing Happy Dance, I am so glad this won, I loved it! It so deserved to win!
08/29/13
Congratulations on your placing in the upper echelons of level four. Great work in the sensitivity and scope of your descriptiveness and in your openness to God's gentle touch on the whole experience.
08/29/13
Thank you for penning such an emotionally charged and spirit-filled poem that offers hope to each reader facing a similar situation. I could visualize the pain on the mother's face and feel the agony in her heart. This is a stirring piece and I'm so glad it placed in the top 3.

My husband and I have been supporters of St. Jude's for many years--Thank God for the vision Danny Thomas had to help children and for the efforts of his daughter and all those who keep it going.
08/29/13
Congratulations on your 3rd place win - so well-deserved! This is a heart-wrenching read that wonderfully ends in joy. Well done!
08/30/13
Oh Camille~thank you for this lovely tribute to the little girls bravery, her families faith, and the Great Physicians healing power!
I can imagine the tears flowing across your cheeks as you penned this. Congratulations on your EC placing but I know this one wasn't about winning at all...
Beautifully written and very touching. Congratulations!